New Shops in Dulwich / Peckham

Message added by Administrator,

Due to this topic being excessively long, a new 2024 "New Shops in Dulwich / Peckham" has been opened here. Please continue the discussion there.

Dear All,

My name is Ayaulym and I run small cafe/shop ..... Many Many Thanks for support and visit!!!Hope you all enjoyed the food and atmosphere...Looking forward seeing you again! Please check my social network I am there as @ayapeckham

you can find out more about upcoming events and most updated menu....

Also we are planning to be open on Mondays too,I will inform as soon as possible;) THANKS SO MUCH!!!AYA X

• 1 month later...
The vacant shop was going to be a sunbed salon by BPlus but the premises was in bad condition with a leaking roof (not a good idea with high powered s/beds) and had a case of squatters! So the owner of Beauty plus is converting the back area of current salon to acquire new sunbeds. The shop has ample space. The owner has told me this recently...

Went to the new bar/pub in Peckham tonight - Dead Dolls Club.

Really didn't like it. Burly bouncers on door chatting to a bundle of their mates, pricey and not great drinks, generally felt unfriendly.

Maybe it was first night nerves.

But really not feeling like going back.

Of course, others may love it!

mancity68 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Went to the new bar/pub in Peckham tonight - Dead

> Dolls Club.

>

> Really didn't like it. Burly bouncers on door

> chatting to a bundle of their mates, pricey and

> not great drinks, generally felt unfriendly.

>

> Maybe it was first night nerves.

>

> But really not feeling like going back.

>

> Of course, others may love it!

That's a shame, I was looking forward to trying it out! Hopefully first night jitters as you said.

Did you have to bring something to donate? I think I read about it somewhere...?

No, that's for the members club membership but that bits not open yet.

To be fair, it just wasn't my cup of tea. Plenty of people seemed to be enjoying themselves and I do hope they make a go of it. Just wasn't very friendly service or welcome.

Old French Cafe property went back to the land lady who wants it back for general repairs.

My feeling is that it is a way to get the property back tart it up and put it back on the market with a higher rent.

Laundrette & Bookies no idea.

In Peckham: I am opening up a co-working office for like minded creative types, looking for web designers, illustrators, graphics, film editors and architects etc... please do pass on the info if you know anyone looking.

www.creativedesksltd.com

Thanks

R.

mancity68 Wrote:

> Dolls Club.

>

>

>

>

I'll still try it

Maybe the doormen/staff are based in Islington and not sure of Peckham yet.

The Hope had local people (I was recognised on opening week from another pub :) )

There is a potential pub crawl too (Camberwell, Pelican, Hope, Dollhouse)

mancity68 Wrote:

> Dolls Club.

>

>

>

>

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm intrigued by this place. They obviously think there is a business case to open in this location, but it seems like a strange location up an 'up market' kind of place with hardly any passing footfall and in a residential area, not very close to either of the train stations etc. I go past on the bus some evenings, and it does look better than the boarded up old pub used to look. I guess they are hoping it will be a destination in its own right.

Do you have to be a member to go there as well? It's a little off the beaten track and i'm not sure i would want to have to remember a membership card on the off chance i would want to go for a drink in a pub in Hanover Park of an evening.

The location is a little strange for that type of venture it's true.

DuncanW Wrote:

> Re: the Dolls House in Peckham.

> Apparently they have switched security firms due

> to the feedback

I popped in there last night - no security man

The lady at the bar was very welcoming

Not empty -actually OK for a Tuesday.