On the Ball (new Football Focus)

matthew123

TLS - I have just backed Barca to win @ 2.35 with 30 mins to go.

General - I quite like Chelsea under Hiddink - definately good to watch but I'd like to have an international flavour to the final - 2 English teams in the final is not what the Champions League is about. Although it does reflect English superiority, I don't think its a good spectacle for the neutral.

Eto has just made an excellent save to foil Eto - good game now with barca building the pressure - if Anelka comes on though, I would be concerned about him, he is excellent on the break.

Even more annoying - I had ?144 on my betfair account and bet ?44 on barca in running - the bet was not matched so I (thought I cancelled it) and did it again and it seems I did 2 x ?44 bets. Thats the second time I have doubled up by mistake on betfair and lost, a bit annoying. Thats the trouble with trying to watch football, have a beer, bet, write on the forum and try to buy a patio power washer online, all at the same time.

Never mind Mick it could've been worse, you could've ended up with two patio power washers...

0-0 isn't that great a result, Chelski will probably still have to win at the Bridge to go through, and with Chelski having to press forward more, Barca will be more effective hitting them on the break...

Mikecg Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Dont hate Chelski their one of those clubs that

> never bothered me, but now theyve got the money

> everyone hates them.

I don't hate Chelsea as a club, as they really are a bit of an irrelevance. It's their players I don't like.

Mick Mac Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> TLS - I have just backed Barca to win @ 2.35 with

> 30 mins to go.

Soccer Showing 1 - 6 of 6 markets

Market Start time Settled date Profit/loss (?)

Soccer / Barcelona v Chelsea : Over/Under 1.5 Goals 28-Apr-09 19:45 28-Apr-09 21:39 -1.50

Soccer / Barcelona v Chelsea : Half Time/Full time 28-Apr-09 19:45 28-Apr-09 21:38 75.60

Soccer / Barcelona v Chelsea : First Goal Odds 28-Apr-09 19:45 28-Apr-09 21:38 -47.00

Soccer / Barcelona v Chelsea : Correct Score 28-Apr-09 19:45 28-Apr-09 21:37 128.68

Soccer / Barcelona v Chelsea : Match Odds 28-Apr-09 19:45 28-Apr-09 21:37 -30.50

Soccer / Barcelona v Chelsea : Half Time Score 28-Apr-09 19:45 28-Apr-09 20:32 -66.00

I made a ?59 Profit on the Game Mick but made a sily "schoolboy error"...

I did "First Goal Odds" and all the Second-Half Blocks of 10 Minutes Won me money.

I forgot that "No Goals" was a loser!--I'm thinking in the second-half that I was guaranteed a Profit on this market. Wrong!

btw: Saw your other post M8---NEVER drink and Gamble!!!!:)-D

I wouldn't quite say they parked the bus. They defended very well and had to as Henry, Eto'o and Messi have scored 90 goals between them this season. Cech had a blinder in goal and John Terry was like a rock throughout. I thought they got the tactics spot on but I can still see them losing at home as I'm not convinced by their home form.

I think the eventual winner will come from the Barca Chelsea match based on what we have seen so far. No offence to Arsenal but I can't see them getting past MU and I think MU will not win the final as they are running a bit low on gas after a long season. But I'd like to see a Barca MU final.