On the Ball (new Football Focus)

matthew123

Awful challenge by Barton, and of course deserved to go. Commentators talking like he meant to hurt the man. Think that is probably harsh, but why the hell would you fly in like that, just stupid!

Don't often say this about a game with 3 goals, a red card, and the bar being hit 3 times, but that was basically pretty dull. I genuinely hate to say this, but Newcastle look absolutely shocking!

First sign of madness Keef, talking to yourself...;-)

Didn't see 'pool game, have been watching the Reading game...Brum go up automatically.

By the sound of it, Barton obviously has anger issues he still needs to address!..

Loving the TV card comment Keef - reminds me why I think you rock for multiple reasons

Joey Barton tho - what an absolute waste of air. Regardless of the merits of today's decision, he was back after 5 months off and then.. Well, we are beyond the "I'm just misunderstood" phase by now surely? Any manager who continues to play hime deserves everything they get

Well I hope Sunderland do because that way we may get to buy Greg Halford cheap. But I think it'll be the other two North East teams, with Hull outsiders (and even if they survive I'll be surprised if they last beyond a second season)

They are all so crap down there now it's scary - Boro' Vs Newcastle will decide one place. If there was a god, West Brom would stay up and "the geordie nation" *trys not to laugh* would go down as a Trimurvite (sp)...the biggest myth in football, "the NE Hotbed of Football"...go and look at 80s attendencies when no-one liked football...there are two hotbeds of football in this country, the North West and London, end of..

*awaits barcodes' vitriol*

I see Downing allegedly already thinks he is on his way to Liverpool for ?12million...

I am not sure London can be classed as a "hotbed" of football either, given how massive the population is....not compared to the North West!:))

Well whilst that's true, it supports 10 teams in the Prem and football league (not counting Wimbledon and Barnet who have been there too)and has four teams who over time been consistently and significantly supported by large amounts ....where was the Geordie nation in 1985?

I think the North West has it agreed - with 4 big clubs and plenty of other significant ones in the area