On the Ball (new Football Focus)

matthew123

Bollocks bollocks bollocks! Now fecking way was that a penalty yesterday. It effectively changed the game to Man Utd's advantage. Spurs were fantastic in the first half and I really felt we could have got something out of the game but there's another penalty decision at Old Trafford that's gone in the home side's favour.

At the match it looked like a pen, but having since seen the replay it wasn't, but in situations like that should an indirect free-kick be given instead?, yes Gomes got the ball but he also brought Carrick down, thus taking him out of the game and denying him a chance to retrieve the ball, make a tackle etc...as for dodgy referee decisions, we've had this discussion before, I think they even themselves out over the course of a season, e.g. we should've got a pen last week at Wembley...

Discussion topic. What do people, especially you West Ham fans, think of John Terry's claim that fans should be willing to take a bit of stick back from players that they are giving stick to? I hate to say it, and it will not become a habit, but to a point I agree. I think if I was getting a load of stick, and I scored, I'd want to give a wave to the people giving me abuse. That said, there has to be some professionalism, and sense used, 2 things that Terry knows little about, because he's basically an ignorant thug.

I can kind of see where 'JT' is coming from...

Also I've felt the abuse given to say Ince and Lampard over the years at UP has been counterproductive! I think Lampard is a complete tosser though and takes every opprtunity to slag West Ham and West Ham fans in any interview etc...whereas Ince, has admitted he was young and poorly advised to wear a Manu U shirt whilst still on West Hams books!

Depends on how the player gives the stick back. Cantona went a bit too far, yet still kept most of the neutrals' sympathy as I recall.

Beckham at Man Utd used to have crowds chanting "Posh Spice takes it up the arse" - a chant which in my view merited a good long burst from a machine gun. But all Beckham did when he scored was cup his ear to them...and there are people who claim he is inarticulate!

:'(Saw a re-run of the 1974 Cup Final on Liverpool's Channel last week when they beat Newcastle 3-0.

The commentator said look at those fantastic Newcastle Supporters who have followed their team thru' thick and thin.

Little did they realise that they would win nothing at all for the next 35 years as well, and still counting.