Burro e Salvia is coming to East Dulwich

DulwichFox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> jimbo1964 Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > But I don't think people really ever used to

> eat

> > out 4-5 times a week. We certainly never did.

> >

>

> I did...

>

> For a period 1977 - 1979 when I was Vegetarian

> I survived on Veggie curries.

> I ate out EVERY night and on a Sunday often had 2

> curries.

>

> I still go out every night and have done for the

> past 40 years except when I was working nights.

> circa 1999-2001

>

> DulwichFox

Oh Lordy Lord

Your starting to sound like William Hauge now

Except he's quite endearing

This is the second time you've mentioned carb-filled food, Louisa. Do you like pasta/sandwiches/crisps/chips/kebabs? No? That's ok then. Oh yes - you do like italian food, but only when it's from the 1980s, and therefore carb (and pretentious) free.

You really are tedious, odious and snobbish.

Your obsession with the 'guardianista' (whatever that actually means) is all of the above. I'm listening to Puccini as I write this but if I wrote it yesterday, I would have been listening to eminen - not cool, I know, but I don't give a shit. Does that make me pretentious, too?

I read the times, sometimes the telegraph and sometimes even the guardian. not because that's me demographically but because it's what takes my fancy at the weekend.

I hardly ever eat out because I'm single and on a very low income, but when I do, I bloody love really tasty food. Why shouldn't we? And please don't ever extol the virtues of that sweaty greasy manzes in peckham. If that's what you love? Fantastic - knock yourself out. Some of us enjoy new delicious styles of cooking - beautifully cooked and presented - once in a blue moon.

Please stop using words like guardianista and pretentious - I'm pretty sure the EDF ers are far too over you to even be bothered, but it makes you look stupid and narrow minded.

Tallulah71 my posts clearly bother you enough that you choose to write an essay back at me - and put down a successful local popular business (Manzes) in the process which comes across as spiteful and odious to many too I'm sure. I won't waste my breath arguing thougg, you're entitled to your opinions and I'm entitled to mine. Obviously haven't got the knack of being able to ignore people you don't particularly like.

Your response is obnoxious and hypocritical. I expect no less from the usual EDF forum suspects.

Louisa.

simonethebeaver Wrote:

> Two adults can share pizza and big, cheesy garlic

> bread in Franco Manca for around ?10. But as that

> fails the posh cheese on toast Fox/Louisa

> challenge, it cannot sadly catapult the cheap meal

> barrier. So hard!

This is what we are all missing..

B3nvC5LIQAAh1AH.jpg

DF

Louisa Wrote:

> Otta honestly, Kebab and Wine will do a shish and

> chips for under 7 quid. And I don't care what the

> snobs say, they do one of the best kebabs around

> SE London IMO.

"One of the best kebabs around SE London" ?!

Well I can't claim to have eaten at that many SE London kebab places outside ED, but just for a start, Kebab and Wine's shish is not a patch on Hisar's, just a few steps away up Lordship Lane.

Kebab and Stab do stay open a lot later though :)

Though I notice they now charge a fiver just to be admitted into the back room :))

BJL Wrote:

> DulwichFox Wrote:

>

> > This is what we are all missing..

>

> Ah, I can see you're a bit confused, DF. That's

> not a photo of a Franco Manca pizza - this is one

> of their (?4.90) pizzas.

>

Well it was from their twitter page . announcing it should be in The Tate.

So confused.

DF

• 5 weeks later...