SE22 postal deliveries

Nero

kater, (hi, hows the badminton going?),

u can visit victoria and get new passport in 6 hrs, only if its just a renewal. if its lost/stolen u can visit victoria and wait 1 week. or go to the post office, use their check and send servie and it takes 2 weeks.

the post office one sadly comes back to you via royal jelly, erm.., i mean mail...

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/ ... article.do

Millions of Londoners have not had any post for the past three days.

Royal Mail has banned postmen from driving or walking down roads that have not been gritted, unions said.

A spokeswoman for the Communications Workers' Union said that on Monday there had been no deliveries in large parts of London and the whole of Surrey, Essex and Kent. A union spokeswoman said: "There's a safety first approach and we think that is quite right too."

Yesterday Royal Mail sent out staff to deliver in roads that had been gritted and more were sent out today. But there are still thousands of streets deemed too dangerous. Postmen have been redeployed to sorting.

A Royal Mail spokesman said: "We are sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. We're doing all we can to continue to provide services and where we are still encountering problems, we are working to restore normal service as soon as possible."

will dex Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> kater, (hi, hows the badminton going?),

> u can visit victoria and get new passport in 6

> hrs, only if its just a renewal. if its

> lost/stolen u can visit victoria and wait 1 week.

> or go to the post office, use their check and send

> servie and it takes 2 weeks.

>

> the post office one sadly comes back to you via

> royal jelly, erm.., i mean mail...

Hi Will, badminton has started slow this year due to centres being busy, illness and peoples diaries not matching, we had to cancel tonight. A few of us are organising the next round though, you are welcome to join us again.

Thanks for the advice on passport, i didn't realise royal mail/ jelly in ED would only take about 2 weeks to get it back.

Thanks for that.

ladywotlunches Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I'm under the forest hill sorting office - can

> anyone give me the number to call?

My post comes from the Forest Hill Office and we got post today although no idea what time. Given what's been mentioned above about posties not wanting to walk down icy pavements, I was surprised since our pavement is like an icerink.

take it from me i was talking to our postie royal mail do not want them to deliver but the guys in se22 took it upon themselves to get out and deliver where they felt they could because they were becoming concerned of the build up of work that they would have to deliver when things thawed out , hard to believe i know but i know my postie well and i dont think he would lie

A spokeswoman for the Communications Workers' Union said that on Monday there had been no deliveries in large parts of London and the whole of Surrey, Essex and Kent. A union spokeswoman said: "There's a safety first approach and we think that is quite right too."

Yesterday Royal Mail sent out staff to deliver in roads that had been gritted and more were sent out today. But there are still thousands of streets deemed too dangerous. Postmen have been redeployed to sorting.

Oh FFS - is that for real?!

I've just received post for the 3rd day running. The postman rang the bell as there were a couple of parcels, he's our regular postie and always says a cheery hello if I pass him on the street when out and about during the day. I sympathised with him negotiating his way along our street in the ice and said it was much appreciated that our post was getting through. He thanked me, before going on to say that he wished everyone was as appreciative, as he's been subjected to people moaning at him today because their post is slightly later than usual!

So here's a big thanks to our lovely postie, doing a great job as always! (tu) I don't know his name, but he does Upland Road, near Goodrich.

I used to have a great postie, he would come out in rain and shine, but the present chap who delivers my mail is a waste of time. He spends most of the mornin at the end of the street lighting up a cigarette, and when he can be bothered to actually do the job he's paid for, he often losses letters or posts them in the wrong door. Waste of space. I bet he is the type who would ring up work and not go in because of a bit of snopw on the pavement. Loser.

Louisa.

Louisa, that's a shame. We've been lucky where we are - had a regular postie who retired (he was brilliant), followed by a few weeks with various temps who were hopeless (seemed to adopt a time saving method which involved dropping all my neighbours mail through my door so that I had to deliver it!). But we've had our new regular postie for a few months now and he is excellent.