Con woman visited. Police called. Update v soon!

char1ie

Tony.London Suburbs Wrote:

>

> You're obviously "connected"!

>

> I'm sure you know that a rolled up newspaper, used

> as a weapon, is referred to as a "Millwall

> Brick"..

Had a laugh out loud at "Millwall Brick". Is it cockney rhyming slang? I've never heard of it before...

Police refom act 2002

Schedule 4 Section 38

Part 1

power to detain

NO 3

(B) The person who imposed the requirement has reasonable grounds for suspecting that the other person has given him a name or address that is false or inaccurate.

the person who imposed the requirement may require the other person to wait with him, for a period not exceeding thirty minutes for the arrival of a constable.

and I'm not a PCSO

Bob S

bob Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Police refom act 2002

>

> Schedule 4 Section 38

>

> Part 1

>

>

> power to detain

>

> NO 3

>

> (B) The person who imposed the requirement has

> reasonable grounds for suspecting that the other

> person has given him a name or address that is

> false or inaccurate.

>

> the person who imposed the requirement may require

> the other person to wait with him, for a period

> not exceeding thirty minutes for the arrival of a

> constable.

>

> and I'm not a PCSO

> Bob S

>:D<

DeptfordDiva Wrote:

> The Citizens arrest line sounds good to me, I'm

> sure some of you forumites will have a set of

> handcuffs lying around the house ;-)

Make the wrong call and you're open to both criminal prosecution and action for damages. Do you want to gamble on, say, whether your assessment of 'reasonable suspicion' is accurate and provable, in such a piddling case? See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizens_arrest

'A piddling case'!! I wonder what her annual income is? I bet it's more than i earn!!! She hasn't just hit one person, it's a career to her - so i'd hardly say it was 'piddling'. You also missed the point of my previous post, but i won't bother explaining it as you appear to have no sense of humour.

i'd certainly agree that it's piddling - especially as it seems she generally doesn't get away with it

to me it's effectively just begging (with a sob story, but nothing new there). (obviously i appreciate that her style of begging involves calling on people at home)

dialling 999, chasing her, citizen's arrest - all a waste of time and an overreaction in my eyes

pk, I agree that dialling 999 should be purely for emergencies. Being conned out of a fiver is not an emergency. There's been quite a lot of recent publicity about people wasting the time of the emergency services by dialling 999 for trivial reasons, I'm surprised it's being suggested here.

Just had a visit from the police to take details of the con woman. They advise that if she knocks on your door you should dial 999. They are actively looking for her. She is currently targeting Glengarry, Trossachs, Tarbert Roads apparently.

Charlie

Jeremy Wrote:

> ???? Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > A Millwall Brick....we have a similar phrase

> over

> > at the Boleyn.....but the 'B' becomes a 'P'>

>

> Pillwall Brick? What does that mean?

"Pillwall Brick"??..Thats West Ham Fans derogatory named for Millwall's brand of Football that is so boring, they reckon, that you have to have Pills to endure it..zzzz....and "Brick" in this context is an old-fashioned term for a real trooper, as in, "he/she's areal brick"...someone to rely or depend on....

char1ie Wrote:

> Just had a visit from the police to take details

> of the con woman. They advise that if she knocks

> on your door you should dial 999. They are

> actively looking for her. She is currently

> targeting Glengarry, Trossachs, Tarbert Roads

> apparently.

>

> Charlie

They can't be looking very hard, ROFLMAO. She's reportedly already been arrested and prosecuted in the past, she is 'known' to police, she is very very active and yet the police can't find her! LMAO!

FelicityNormal Wrote:

> char1ie Wrote:

> -----

> > Just had a visit from the police to take

> details

> > of the con woman. They advise that if she

> knocks

> > on your door you should dial 999. They are

> > actively looking for her. She is currently

> > targeting Glengarry, Trossachs, Tarbert Roads

> > apparently.

> >

> > Charlie

>

>

> They can't be looking very hard, ROFLMAO. She's

> reportedly already been arrested and prosecuted in

> the past, she is 'known' to police, she is very

> very active and yet the police can't find her!

> LMAO!

Maybe they lost her address.

Maybe the po-po are in on the act with her and she pays them a cut of her profits!

gnulover Wrote:

> FelicityNormal Wrote:

> -----

> > char1ie Wrote:

> >

>

> > -----

> > > Just had a visit from the police to take

> > details

> > > of the con woman. They advise that if she

> > knocks

> > > on your door you should dial 999. They are

> > > actively looking for her. She is currently

> > > targeting Glengarry, Trossachs, Tarbert Roads

> > > apparently.

> > >

> > > Charlie

> >

> >

> > They can't be looking very hard, ROFLMAO.

> She's

> > reportedly already been arrested and prosecuted

> in

> > the past, she is 'known' to police, she is very

> > very active and yet the police can't find her!

> > LMAO!

>

> Maybe they lost her address.

Had her ring my bell late on Saturday night (live on East Dulwich Grove). Same story; stopped her halfway through and told her I heard about her on the East Dulwich Forum? she was a bit stunned and asked what that the EDF was and once I told her she was on her way?.

well done matti, I started the previous thread after she conned us. Even if the police have not caught up with her yet the forum has let loads of east dulwich folk know - perhaps she might post her own message on the forum!! 'con woman replies'....only problem is will we believe her?

She came to my house on Landcroft road couple of weeks ago (i am literally next to the police station!) . Same sob story. She is a VERY good actress. Can't believe i fell for it. But it was snowing and ?5 for a "neighbour in need" didnt seem like too much to ask. will be the last time i ever help anybody!!

:o(