The Patch/the Mag/The Lordship

PandG

Thanks to the Lordship for all the free prosecco and nice veggie pies tonight. Menu looks good, nice selection of non-meaty stuff which I appreciated. Agree that it looks like they know what they are doing, looked a tight operation this evening. Seems like it's going for more restaurant than pub vibe? Best of luck to them, will be in to try the food soon.

BrandNewGuy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Great evening - very friendly bunch, the beer was

> fine and the menu looks good. Best of luck to 'em

> - we'll be back. Oh and it was lovely to meet Foxy

> for the first time :-)

Cheers mate.. It was lovely to meet you and Mrs BrandNewGuy too..

I went for a Curry at Curry Cabin after I left you.. Excellent it was too.

All round good evening..

Foxy

Jah Lush Wrote:

> I forgot to look at the menu. They sell Timothy

> Taylor's Landlord. One of the finest ales known to

> humanity. That alone is a winner for me.

I went for the Timothy Taylor's Landlord too.

Very good it was too.

Foxy

I have no idea what I was drinking pints of, but I know I necked a couple of champaigns and finished with a large bourborn.

And we'd already had several pints before we got there. It's all rather hazy to be honest.

MrBen Wrote:

> Is the decor / feel changed much?

I couldn't honestly tell you, it was too busy by the time we got there for us to really get a feel for the interior. It was quite dark.

katanita Wrote:

> Menu tweeted

> https://twitter.com/bexxta_r/status/57863674328663

> 6544

Quite expensive.

That's a bit disappointing (for me) but I'm sure they will do very well as the prices aren't out of line with other places round here selling similar food.

But sadly I won't be able to eat there very often :( Will deffo be in for a pint or three though :)

ETA: The very best of luck to them.

Hmmm....TTL is ?3.50 in The Gowlett (I think). East Dulwich can be pricey and ?4 would seem to be about the norm for a pint these days around here. I went into The House Of Tippler a few weeks ago and was charged ?7 for a shot of Mezcal. Seven fecking quid!

Thanks for all the feed back re the cost's ?4.00 is a bit on the heavy side but as others have said it is becoming the Norm I would have gone to ?3.75 for a pint of TTL but like DF's ?3.50 better.

Bob S

Just had Sunday lunch here. We were impressed given how long it's been open. Food was of a high standard, with vegetables, which usually end up overcooked on a Sunday, particularly good.

Service also pretty slick. All the staff were friendly and seemed genuinely interested in whether we were enjoying lunch.

Certainly a lot better than The Patch when it first opened and gives The Great Exhibition, our local favourite on a Sunday, a run for its money and beats it on service and roast potatoes.

What could they improve? Decor needs fishing off as a bit spartan, some music and remembering the stuffing which was on the menu but missing from my plate.

Will definitely go back and wish them all the best.

Went today to find it closed, and was a bit disappointed!

It seems to be closed on Mondays and Wednesdays.

Anybody know if this is likely to be permanent, or if it's just because it hasn't properly opened yet?

Apologies we were closed this evening. We will also be closed on Wednesday evening this week as we are hosting a charity event for a local hospice. Our opening times this week are Tuesday 5pm to 11pm, Thursday 5pm to 11pm, Friday 5pm to midnight, Saturday midday to midnight & Sunday midday to 10.30pm. From next Monday we will be open from midday every day with the exception of Monday's when we will open at 5pm. On Tuesday, Thursday & Friday this week we are offering 25% off your food bill as we are still finding our feet in our new venue & all feedback is very welcome! Starting next Monday we will run our Monday night pie & a pint for ?10 offer (or small house wine or soft drink)! Hope to see you soon!

Sue Wrote:

> Went today to find it closed, and was a bit

> disappointed!

>

ditto this evening - we had to settle for a couple of pints of IPA (slightly cloudy but tasty) in Franklins so not an entirely wasted evening.

Saus01 Wrote:

> Just had Sunday lunch here. We were impressed

> given how long it's been open. Food was of a high

> standard, with vegetables, which usually end up

> overcooked on a Sunday, particularly good.

>

> Service also pretty slick. All the staff were

> friendly and seemed genuinely interested in

> whether we were enjoying lunch.

>

> Certainly a lot better than The Patch when it

> first opened and gives The Great Exhibition, our

> local favourite on a Sunday, a run for its money

> and beats it on service and roast potatoes.

>

> What could they improve? Decor needs fishing off

> as a bit spartan, some music and remembering the

> stuffing which was on the menu but missing from my

> plate.

>

> Will definitely go back and wish them all the

> best.

Thanks for the feedback. Yes we are waiting for our wall pictures & bric a brac to arrive hopefully before the weekend. Apologies for the lack of stuffing it won't happen again. Hope to sae you again soon.