> > "Browns". Sounds unlikely?

> >

> > Ron70

>

> Sounds like someone is getting Browns and Brown

> Dog confused.

Nope, just repeating what I was told.

Ron70

Hooray - established pubs under their belt - this will be good for ED, particularly the upper end of LL with the new cinema just a short walk away- - fingers crossed and give them time to settle folks please!

Good stuff. Really looking forward to having another pub up this end of ED. Let's hope the forum can hold off tearing it apart. Perhaps I can head off some of the inevitable complaints... No drinks won't be sold at 1987 prices, yes there probably will be parents with children there some of the time and possibly some patrons may come from the middle classes.

Louisa Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Brilliant news! Been to The Brown Dog in Barnes

> and loved the beer selection. I wish these people

> all the best, at LAST a business is opening that I

> can't moan about!

>

Come come Louisa, I'm sure you can find something :))

There are bound to be a few middle class people in there when it opens, for a start :))

But re the beer, if they are still tied to Enterprise Inns, that could be a potential issue in terms of what they're able to sell and how they price it, I think?

"But re the beer, if they are still tied to Enterprise Inns, that could be a potential issue in terms of what they're able to sell and how they price it, I think?"

That's always going to be the worry. Out of interest, I looked up Enterprise and they publish a price list:

http://www.enterpriseinns.com/documents/publican-price-list.pdf

The list of cask ales available is actually not bad; if it's well kept there's plenty to keep beer drinkers happy, though not perhaps very excited. The bigger problem as I understand it with pubco tied tenancies is that often the overall terms are predicated on very ambitious levels of beer sales, which if as a tenant you don't hit will get you into financial problems pretty quickly. They are structured so that the pubco never loses money - if you fail they just move in, get you out, and find another tenant, while they pursue you (or more likely your guarantor) for money. All that having been said, you would think that even Enterprise would want to see a stable business on the site so might take a sensible view, and the new tenants are clearly not inexperienced in the pub business so should have a realistic business plan. I wish them well.

Sue Wrote:

>

>

> Come come Louisa, I'm sure you can find something

> :))

>

> There are bound to be a few middle class people in

> there when it opens, for a start :))

I'll give them a re-evaluation once the place opens. May pop in with my 'classometer' to test the water (beer) for any signs of three-wheeled prams and accompanying parents ;-)

Louisa.

Louisa Wrote:

> Brilliant news! Been to The Brown Dog in Barnes

> and loved the beer selection. I wish these people

> all the best, at LAST a business is opening that I

> can't moan about!

>

> Louisa.

Posh South West London Blow-ins.

Louisa Wrote:

> I'll give them a re-evaluation once the place

> opens. May pop in with my 'classometer' to test

> the water (beer) for any signs of three-wheeled

> prams and accompanying parents ;-)

Come on, three wheeled prams are so 2007!

How about prams without accompanying parents? Would that be OK?

Jeremy I'm at the end of my tether with prams of any description. Seeing as most local pubs now have traffic calming measures including speed bumps and lights, to manage these 3/4/5/6 wheeled passenger jets for kids, it would be nice if this great little brand had a grumpy adult bar and a screaming middle class mum and toddler bar. I'd be made up!

Louisa.