> > the day to attract custom.

> >

> > A lot of people will (understandably) moan

> about

> > kids in pubs... the best solution is to

> implement

> > a curfew on chilren as TJ says, and also to

> have

> > an allocated "family" area in the pub.

>

> Having a "family" area is definitely a good idea -

> The Victoria is one of my favourite pubs for

> Sunday lunch for precisely that reason - means if

> you are coming without children you can sit away

> from the family area and have a conversation with

> your friends without having to shout... We

> abandoned the Great Exhibition after lunch one day

> recently because the families next to us were

> allowing their children to run about screeching to

> the point we couldn't hear each other and the poor

> waitresses were in danger of being sent flying

> with plates of hot food.

>

> Anyway... back on topic - best of luck to the

> Lordship Pub, be good to have another decent pub

> on the lane, will be checking it out soon.

Thank you. We plan on using the dining room for family lunches & keeping the bar area for adults to enjoy. See you soon!

DulwichFox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I like the place..

>

> Timothy Taylor Landlord was lovely but at ?4.00

> pint just a tad over priced..

>

> If they can get away with it, then it will

> become the norm.. Around here..

>

> Foxy

Hi - all our ales are ?3.80! I will check the tills to make sure they are priced correctly.

Arf! There's just no pleasing some people is there?

You could try just about every other pub locally if you want a burger or go to GBK. They've also clearly said they are changing their menu regularly? Chances are a burger may...just...creep onto that at some point!

I'm just impressed these guys are engaging on social media, got it up and running quickly, know what they're doing - doing pretty much everything that The Patch didn't. Looking forward to trying it out in a week or two.

Went to test it out last night - wow very encouraging start - was really quite busy for a wet Tuesday evening, like the new decor but as The Lordship has posted they are still new and finishing things off!

We had a brilliant meal - Lamb with cassoulet, veggie pie with mash and a delicious sauce and WE SHARED a dessert - brilliant chef, may need more help in the kitchen soon though! Restaurant menu was good and they also do bar food too.

Interesting that a local actor celeb was dining too!!

Give it a try soon.

MrBen Wrote:

>

> I'm just impressed these guys are engaging on

> social media, got it up and running quickly, know

> what they're doing.

I'm impressed too.

It's particularly great they're interacting on here from the start and responding quickly to comments, as the posters/readers on here will presumably be a large part of their customer base.

Bodes very well for the future, I would say.

Really looking forward to my first visit :)

ETA: Pleased to hear about the bar food, P&G. Did you notice what it was? Or is it the restaurant menu but available to eat at the bar?

Dodo1 Wrote:

> hi

>

> popped in for early evening dinner.

>

> Disappointed that you didn't have any burgers/

> sharing dishes.

Great minds! I was only speaking with the chef last night re this & from Saturday a rare breed burger will be appearing on our menu! Sharing boards will feature on our bar menu. Both menus will be available in both bar & dining room!

I hammer Wrote:

> Dear Lordship Pub:

> Is it possible to increase the lighting in the bar

> area?

> I thought it was just a little bit too dark.

I did think this on opening night. Can't stand bright bars, but this was just a touch too dark.

Small point though.

taper Wrote:

> Ooh Lordy, what a dismal time we had here. Late

> lunch today (Saturday); 50 minutes waiting for

> order, didn't appear. Had to cut losses and

> leave. Landlord nice though.

Same here. We went for a late lunch too - an expensive treat and to support a new venture - and were very very disappointed. We went with very high expectations and lots of good will.

What on earth went wrong? Both kitchen staff and waiting staff seemed to be drifting aimlessly about, with little sign of much food appearing and not much apparent care for the punters waiting for a meal which never appeared.

The actual food was OK, though I have never previously come across a cassoulet where the meat isn't cooked in with the rest of the ingredients but just appeared to be roast lamb sliced and laid across the beans and chorizo.

But really. How long can it take to produce a cold dessert from the fridge? It was clear that we weren't the only dissatisfied customers. One table cheered when their meals eventually appeared. One customer sat for ages with nobody clearing his plate away, let alone asking whether he wanted anything else.

There were long periods where there was no food appearing at all, just chefs ambling up and down the kitchen with empty containers.

Sorry Lordship but you really have to up your game. Teething problems maybe, but the staff appeared inexperienced or untrained or possibly both. We shan't be back until the teeth are well and truly through. Hope for your sake that is soon.

The place wasn't even anywhere near full.

We were there for nearly two hours. It felt like a lifetime.

It's one of the few occasions ever when I haven't left a tip :(

They're still not fully operational yet though are they so give them time. Bound to be teething problems at first. I hope it works out for them (and us) once they are fully up and running and that is when I shall return. Best of luck to The Lordship.

taper Wrote:

> Ooh Lordy, what a dismal time we had here. Late

> lunch today (Saturday); 50 minutes waiting for

> order, didn't appear. Had to cut losses and

> leave. Landlord nice though.

We are truly sorry for the debacle you encountered today. I will not offend you by making excuses but please believe me when I say we have learned from this lunchtimes mistakes! I hope you give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves.