> Fall for what Fox?

>

> So your salad gaff was actually a thinly disguised

> trap for the spelling police?

>

> Righty ho, as you wish

>

> *Ahem*

God.. are you still talking about something I posted a week ago..

I've moved on since then..

'There must be better songs to sing.'

DulwichFox

Its Insalata, if you are going spell Italian, correctly would be great. Thanks :)

DulwichFox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You will always be able to charge more simply by

> printing the Menu In French or Italian.

>

> It's purely psychological that tricks the diner

> into thinking they are getting something

> a bit more exotic and worth paying a little

> extra for.

>

> Insulata Mista -- Mixed green salad.

>

> DulwichFox

:) There is a better way of saying that lovely little quote. Dependent on the region of Italy of course. Our region Puglia, sounds better, then written.

KidKruger Wrote:

> "What's the Italian for 'having your arse handed

> to you on a plate?'"

>

> Apparently it's:

> "avendo il culo consegnato a voi su un piatto"

BJL Wrote:

> richard tudor Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Will there be a cheap Italian for all in ED.

> >

> > Italian food is good and affordable for all.

> >

> > Not in Ed it seems

>

> Except Il Mirto and Franco Manca, that is.

And of course Si Mangia on Forest Hill Road. Resonably priced, fantastic food and the best chips in town

Are you sure it wasn't pomegranate juice? 'Grenade' is French for pomegranate; hand grenades were named after pomegranates because of their similar shape. I always liked that bit of trivia :)

Jeremy Wrote:

> A friend took a photo of a juice bar with hand

> grenade juice on the menu (it seems that

> 'pineapple' is slang for grenade, hence the dodgy

> translation).

Looked in today.. Looks very Smart. Far too posh for likes of me.

Tables set.. Bottle of Wine on every table. and seems there are a lot of tables..

Difficult to say how many ?

Just wonder how they might cope if full to capacity. ?

Have they already opened or are they opening this evening..

DulwichFox

Popped in last night for a taster and can highly recommend. Service great, food lovely, job done. Okay so I know there has been mention of high prices but the portions are very generous and the food quality is very good so I genuinely think it's worth it. Also, for those less willing to spend out circa ?12 for a pasta dish, you can order a starter portion (which given the size of the main I am sure would make a perfectly substantial meal) or if you get there before 7pm you can enjoy a starter and main for ?10.95 from the set menu. Worth a try without a doubt.

We ate there last night too, having walked past not expecting it to be open yet. Echo everything Whoop said about quality of food and service (I'm really quite fussy) including a very pleasant house red at ?16.95 which I thought was great value. Then at the end, the bill came to....zero. The whole lot was on the house! What a lovely gesture, and after a chat with the owner it seems they randomly do that on opening nights just for the hell of it. We were the lucky ones (should have had another bottle :)))

Overall very impressed. There's a formal opening in the next week or two, so worth keeping an eye out for that.

Walked passed it last night at 09.00 ish.

Looks very nice from the outside. Very civilised.

Lots of space. Think they will do well.

.. But, it's entirely up to them to make it work.

If I ate Pizza, I would rather pay ?8.00 to have there than the other mad house down the road.

DulwichFox