Bishop sold

Brendan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Isn?t the Castle in Camberwell run by the same

> people who do/did the Bishop and the Florence?

>

> What?s happened to the Castle then? Has it also

> been flogged to the Pub Co?

Scott sold the Castle in September 2006 so he could expand his 'empire' - I worked there for quite a while up until the sale (to two local blokes). Whilst not passing judgement on them within two weeks all the staff had left and half of them are now at the Bishop - yep still there 3 years on. For some reason his bar staff are a bit obsessivly loyal...

Keef Wrote:

> Bishop

> Sold

> But will stay the same (prediction)

>

> What, so they're not going to try and make it nice

> then?

Keef dont bash the bishop I also think that it's nice during the day but a bit trashy at the weekend tho.

Howdy y'all.

I have sold The Bishop into 'The capital Pub company',of which I am a shareholder and Operation's Director.

The operation will not change at all, we make subtle changes on an ongoing basis.

Neil will still manage, Clarence and I stay put and the weekend nights will hopefully remain as painfully busy.

I don't agree with the 'tw@ts' observation

We're closed for three days from today to finally paint the front section. All the leather banquettes & booths will be changed in a couple of weeks time. Long overdue but considering the volume of trading for the last four years it hasn't done too bad.

Can't do much with floor short of stripping the whole pub out...

A head wil roll for the 'scolding' spelling mistake.

Keef.. surely a tad subjective to say that all the people in there on a friday / saturday are 'tw@ts' ... would be interested to know how you're definining them... maybe i'm a 'tw@t'?... hmmm. Might be somthing to add to my CV.

For what it's worth i love the bishop.. nice guys, great food, lovely beer and in my own humble opinion, normally a nice crowd.

but Friday and Saturday it's full of tw@ts

Think you might be taking me just a little bit too literally there, I never said "all the people in there".

Sort of people I mean probably make up 10% of the crowd, but they are the 10% that get noticed, and they are the 10% that stop me wanting to go anywhere near the place at the weekends.

Hey... what's wrong with Top Shop... and student unions for that matter...

?????????

Catalyst Wrote:

> The vibe in the Bishop is sometimes akin to a

> student union. The Topshop clad masses outside on

> the pavement don't do it's rep much good either.

Code for "young people", Charlie, and perhaps a bit snobbish too. Who doesn't have something from TopShop in their wardrobe? I have Topshop sunbins and love them.

That said, I'm generally old for TS, and hugely intimidated by the mid-teens waifish clientele, so come to think of it, grrr to them all!

I have to say I'm curious as to the correlation between the quality of food in the castle and the absence of the dog.

Was the dog a fine chef, or has he become the foodstuff? What's the implication?

And surely they're a completely different set of beers in the Florence to the Bishop. Microbrewed beers and small name lagers/ciders etc. Not a single high st booze available there [at the Florence] frankly.

And don't give me 'similar' set, all pubs are that.

bet you have got the Topshop floral underpants, Brendan

after all, they are this seasons key item...

http://s3.amazonaws.com/stylehive/blog/uploads/pippie_prints_200.jpg

oh... I know I am not supposed to be posting pics... but someone has to brighten up the day!!!

love love love you ED

cc

I wouldn't bother - the Bishop is seriously awful, having been frquented by the sort of crowd that has now moved on the the Adventure bar (hideously short skirts, pitbulls etc) . Hard to believe its owned by the same lot who run the florence