Bishop sold

It was much better when it was the Foresters. Full of old geezers, pool table, no nasty short skirts, in fact no women. Beer was rubbish, food non existent (part from the crisps) and they call this progress! Honestly, you young people.

I kind of agree with mockney, oxymoronic (which sounds like acme cream for the mentally challenged). So if I go to the Bishop on Friday do I have to join in the hideously short skirt and floral undies wearing or can I go just as a spectator?

What about the pit bulls? I normally don?t mind them but they are in my bad books at the moment after some shmuck?s feral mutt tried to take a chunk out of me down the Brixton beach 2 weekends back. But that is another story the telling of which is for another time and involves builders, pirates and a monkey.

One more thing: Does this Prince Albert business Big Phil is promoting have something to do with men wearing hideously short skirts? If I use my imagination I can see the practical application. Although it has left me a little disturbed.

Brendan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Isn?t the Castle in Camberwell run by the same

> people who do/did the Bishop and the Florence?

>

> What?s happened to the Castle then? Has it also

> been flogged to the Pub Co?

the castle is owned by Enterprise Inns

the currrent tennant is a holding tennent only

The lease is for sale ( see enterprise inns website)

EDOldie Wrote:

> It was much better when it was the Foresters. Full

> of old geezers, pool table, no nasty short skirts,

> in fact no women. Beer was rubbish, food non

> existent (part from the crisps) and they call this

> progress! Honestly, you young people.

Spot on ED - the Foresters was shit -the Bishop is a huge improvement - I think its great anytime I'm lucky enough to be in there, which unfortunatley is not that often.

Brendan Wrote:

>>>

> One more thing: Does this Prince Albert business

> Big Phil is promoting have something to do with

> men wearing hideously short skirts? If I use my

> imagination I can see the practical application.

> Although it has left me a little disturbed.

No Brendan , men in skirts is not required , although you are more than welcome to express your individual dress sense if you visit.

OK, you can blame EDOldie for waking me up :)

The first time I went in the "Foresters" they still had a wood panelled back bar ;-)

Me and my brothers went there on Boxing night and basically got wrecked, apparently we were also singing - Oh dear.

When we left, I remember falling over and having trouble getting up again, my brother-in-law thought it would be fun to dive through a hedge - we had to pull him out by his ankles - silly bugger nearly made it all the way through..................

The thing that really sticks in my mind, that still gives me a warm glow, an old couple came over to us and said "Thanks, you really made our Christmas"

However, the way we were behaving, we were the sort of people that annoy the hell out of me now :-$

I returned there as my local quite a few years later to a mixed bag of staff and clientelle.

The End, time for another nap

In the old days ( pre 2000 )The foresters used to be the place to score drugs, I remember being there and going to the gents only for some little pukestain to try to bar my way and tell me that i couldnt use the toilets. ( this again fell into the "little weedy person telling me no" problem ) there was 4 guys all doing lines when i went in , they just about shit themselves when i walked in and told them the cops were here

that is probably my only lasting memory of that pub