Sainsbury's

I've been offered a meeting with the manager of the Sainsbury's (Dog Kennel Hill branch) after issuing a complaint about the service.

Other than my own concerns I wanted to see if there were any other issues, problems and annoyances that people had that I could put forward to him.

I'm not sure how effective my meeting will be but if any good comes from it then it's a step in the right direction me thinks.

Any suggestions welcome.

Hey Paulie, it's good youse're havin' a sit down.

Make sure it's out in the open and your crew meets his first to ensure there's no 'misunderstandings'.

But Paulie, and I say this with respect, GET THIS SHIT TAKEN CARE OF. No more bad blood.

You remember the beef between Somerfield and Sainsbury's that time, where we had to get Billy 'The Butcher' Rose involved?

Don't make me go lookin' for no favours outside the family again.

You know I love you, Paulie, don't let me down.

Salut.

I am fed up of being overcharged for items which have signs on the shelf offering a reduction. PLus the till operators sometimes put an item through 2-3 times and don't cancel the item, so you end up being overcharged.

Funnily enough I have never been undercharged.

I also find that when I shop - often late afternoon Saturday like today - there is much stock sold out which isn't good enough (especially baby/child stuff).

I have never to my knowledge seen the manager on his/her rounds. Does this person remain in their ivory tower?

1. The lack of night lighting or gates locked at Sunset in the park (Sainsbury's own it.) I have come upon drunks sleeping off the night before on the bench on Sunday mornings, kids doing drugs in the playground, etc.

2. Why, in a 24 hour store, are the staff always restocking shelves during the busiest times of the day rather than early morning or at night? They block up the aisles with boxes, trolleys, etc.

3. Frequently they stock raw food on the same shelf next to cooked food (raw chicken next to ham), with no dividers.

lots of other things come to mind (like what are they doing about store security in the light of the several incidents of gang and other violence reported over the last couple of years).

Why is it such a disaster since the renovation? (I have been told they exceeded their planning permission on that too - apparently it is being arbitrated.)

Sorry for the moan but I have tried complaining about the first couple of points but did not get a response.

Best

Z

edited for speeelllingnng

SAINSBURY's don't even get me started, like over ringing by the checkout operators was a regular occurrence, i.e ringing 22 punets of Strawberries instead of 2 and then explaining it away as "it was a new check-out girl and accidents happen", yeah adding an extra ?40 to my shopping bill and expecting me not to say anything about it. Sainsbury's in DKH are the worse for this, Crystal Palace and Forest Hill stores are both much better. For over two years I have been using Tesco in the Old Kent Road and it virtually never happens and if it does the checkout person notices it themselves and corrects the error.

Unfortunately Sainsbury's couldn't give a flying 4X, especially the check out supervisor and the sorry excuse they had for a manager.

thanks everyone for your comments. Like you all, I'm very frustrated by the lack of service that this Sainsbury's offers and I hope that by passing on our comments we might get a positive response. I'm not sure the manager is aware of all these issues since most tend to be more concerned about hitting targets etc. and are not really interested in the 'little problems'. However I'm hoping this might be the wake up call he needs and I'll be sure to pass on my comments to Sainsbury's HQ as well.

PeckhamRose said : "And yes trollies, and could they clean the loos more regularly?" - WHICH loos! I've been shopping there since the store opened and I wasn't aware of any loos! Where are they? I must be as blind as a bat! In which case, yes bring back the big clock also!

I agree with Lizziedjangoes post. I am frequently overcharged in Sainsburys on items that are supposedly on offer and are ticketed as such, but the price reduction has not been programmed in on the till. The displays are also often misleading making shoppers think items are part of a 2 for ?5 deal (for example) when they are not and the full price is charged.

Also SimonM has a good point about the isles always being blocked with replenishment trolleys, not sure of the solution to this though as I imagine they have to replenish continually, what with it being a busy store.

I would like to say that I generally find the checkout staff to be polite and friendly.

Well done Unkle Paulie for arranging a meeting with the manager, nice to see someone bothered enough to take the time, these supermarkets get away with too much!

yep, the ailses are narrow and always blocked with stock trolleys. weekends are hell in there - I find things much easier on a late Wednesday morning. No crowds to add to the pressure.

Most of the 'space' seems to be given over to the Starbucks ...

Yep, lots of items often out of stock. Yes, worse, I'd say than other branches of Sainsburys I'm familiar with - eg Camden Town, Edgware, Hendon (and yep, I used to be a North London gal!)

yep, just the other day I was charged full price for things which are supposed to be on offer - unfortunately I didn't notice till I got home and checked my receipt. I shouldn't have to worry about it though - the system should be able to recognise when two of the same items are scanned (even if other items get scanned in between) - and charge at the offer rate automatically.

That said, I have found the staff to be generally fairly friendly - so no real complaints there. Just a general sense of rather shambolic management and not quite what one expects from a Sainsburys ...

One thing that I have complained a number of times to the manager about is out of date food. I have come across eggs, milk and bacon that are weeks out of date and I always bring it to the attention of te staff.

What is particularly annoying and happens frequently is that I tell the staff about the out of date stock but its still sitting on the shelves at the end of my shop an hour later!

I agree with the posts about the stock. I can't work out when to go, Saturday and Sunday are so busy, what with the shoppers and restackers blocking the aisles, i now avoid it. Mondays there is never anything in the fresh fruit and veg section - surely by now they would have worked out what stock they need more of and when to fill the shelves up? Late at night doesn't seem much better.

Good luck Unkle_Paulie

I've always found the staff in Sainsbury's extremely friendly and helpful.

There was a period some years back when the fruit and veg department was a disaster, and a lot of other stuff was often out of stock, but then it seemed to get better.

But now it's rubbish again eg I went one night around 10.30 to do a major shop and one of the things I wanted to stock up on was their own brand soya milk, and the shelf was completely empty.

I don't like shopping there since the store was extended - the place just feels like a badly planned mess and the new clothes etc departments are not at all appealing.

I really agree wth below , we boycotterd sainsburys , because we would often not get the bogof deals on our statement , and if there was an offer advertised , i.e pepsi buy 2 get for ?3 , this was not actioned at the till . After this happened on a weekly basis we gave up and ook our business elsewhgere . I have since gone back , but i check my statement before i leave the till area .

Lizziedjango Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I am fed up of being overcharged for items which

> have signs on the shelf offering a reduction. PLus

> the till operators sometimes put an item through

> 2-3 times and don't cancel the item, so you end up

> being overcharged.

>

> Funnily enough I have never been undercharged.

>

> I also find that when I shop - often late

> afternoon Saturday like today - there is much

> stock sold out which isn't good enough (especially

> baby/child stuff).

>

> I have never to my knowledge seen the manager on

> his/her rounds. Does this person remain in their

> ivory tower?

Hi,

I went into the store on Saturday at 7.10am. I got bread, milk and rolls. I went to the checkout with my purchases and was moved from checkout to checkout. In all 4 or 5 checkouts closed at 7.15am why do they not stagger the closures? I was told to go to a machine, no sorry no nothing. I have compained about this before and was told that 40% of customers enjoy using the machines. I go to Sainbury's on the A1 and in Meadowhall, Sheffield but neither have the machines. All I want is some personal service. In the end I just left my purchases and went to Tesco Express where I was served within seconds.

I used to spend about 100.00p minimum in the DKH store per week, now Tesco's and Somerfield get my money.

One thing is that you will need to be aware of is that when you have your meeting, it will be purely cosmetic, after all, I have never witnessed a monkey that can talk.

Kind regards,

Libra Carr

Please teach their staff basic hygiene.

I have seen:

a member of staff sneeze in his hands and continue stacking apples.

a check out staff sneeze in her hands and continue scanning foodstuff.

a check out staff put a finger in her ear and violently shaking it and continue scanning foodstuff.

a check out staff wipe her nose with the palm of her hand and continue scanning foodstuff.

a check out staff with heavy cold was holding on to her used tissue while scanning foodstuff.

often checkout staff scratch their heads

Please ask the manager to make sure that the staff do not touch their nose, ears, head with their hands when handling food.

Also will it be possible to keep the conveyor belts near the tills clean.

last week I bought loads of blueberries, thinking that they were half price @ 1.49

Came to realise later after I had paid that the price label under the the stack of bluberries was for a different product.

So please tell him to put price labels in appropriate place where the product is stacked

gerritsmith Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Please teach their staff basic hygiene.

>

> I have seen:

>

> a member of staff sneezed in his and continue

> stacking apples.

> a check out staff sneezed in her hands and

> continue scanning foodstuff.

> a check out staff put a finger in her ear and

> violently shaking it and continue scanning

> foodstuff.

> a check out staff wiped her nose with the palm of

> her hand and continue scanning foodstuff.

> a check out staff with heavy cold was holding on

> to her used tissue while scanning foodstuff.

> often checkout staff scratch their heads

>

> Please ask the manager to make sure that the staff

> do not touch their nose, ears, head with their

> hands when handling food.

>

> Also will it be possible to keep the conveyor

> belts near the tills clean.

How violently did she shake her finger in her ear. Enough to deafen herself? In which case she wouldn't hear you.

Enough to penetrate through to brain? In which case she'd likely die, so no need to worry about that one any more.

> Please ask the manager to make sure that the staff

> do not touch their nose, ears, head with their

> hands when handling food.

You don't mention arses and and genitals, I think they should be included, I think all bases should be covered.

Well done GerritSmith for putting the case for the sections of the community who don't have access to running water to wash the produce that the tripehounds of Sainsbury sully with their vile discharges.