When you tell friends/ colleagues you live in East Dulwich what do they say ?

Now I think of it, my friends already know I live here, so when on those days I tell them my location, they do that gripping my upper arms while shaking them, looking me in the eye and saying "Yes I know, it's OK. It's OK" thing that they do.

Comforting so it is.

My colleagues though.

DON'T YOU TALK TO ME ABOUT MY COLLEAGUES. WHO GAVE YOU PERMISSION? WHO PUT YOU IN CHARGE?? EH??

I actually like to keep work and private life seperate, actually. If it's all the same to you.

A few months back a comedy show on radio 4 featured a stand up who was doing a schtick based around his eastend cockerney upbringing, but then moved on to his new girlfriend: "she's proper middle class- lives in East Dulwich, been skiing, everything..."

That said, my Cardiff City-supporting cousins know I live in Millwall territory and have the same attitude as Quids' mates.

HonaloochieB Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> "Dulwich Village"?

> "No East Dulwich"

> "Oh"

^

totally that... Then I go on to explain how lovely it is in ED but eyes generally glaze over at this point..

When people ask me how I get by without the tube I just laugh uncontrollably. Why the f**k would I want to spend hours of my summer in a packed, dirty, sweaty sardine can controlled by Bob Crow and his bunch of merry arseh*les? Viva South East London...

Sporthuntor Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> When people ask me how I get by without the tube I

> just laugh uncontrollably. Why the f**k would I

> want to spend hours of my summer in a packed,

> dirty, sweaty sardine can controlled by Bob Crow

> and his bunch of merry arseh*les? Viva South East

> London...

Probably the same way the majority of the population of the UK manage to get by without the Tube. Guess they uses buses, trains, taxis and stuff.