116 Lordship Lane is to become...

Just to clarify. What I meant is that the new graduates effectively have 2 degrees. A degree in sports science / exercise physiology etc and a degree in physiotherapy. Not that they all have to have got a first (I certainly didn't).

• Administrator

>This must remain a space for constructive discussion, a certain amount of freedom of speech (despite being monitored) and anonymity.

We do not encourage people to use their anonymity as an excuse to hide behind their comments. People must take responsibility for what they say.

OK I don't want this to take this thread off topic so back to the new gym on Lordship Lane...

Monica,

I am confused..

Did those that failed your degree course know less about the subject than you? Was the 'level of study' the same for them, even though they were mostly down the pub and not turning-up for seminars?

Mark,

There will be 3 exercise spaces. An open plan pilates studio (aprox 10 metres by 5 metres) a mattwork studio (8 metres by 5 metres) for yoga, tai chi, kids gym etc and a gym (17 metres by 12 metres). The gym will contain cv, resistance, body-weight, mattwork and stretch areas. In addition there will be a testing area for VO2 max and motion-analysis testing.

Max

Max,

Thanks for the update. Forgive me if I've missed this, but what exact location are you moving into on LL? Is it the old Walsh Glazing space?

Additionally, I am a fully trained and insured massage therapist, and currently studying reflexology with the intention of going into the therapists profession full time, (currently I work 4 days as an advertising producer and practice 1 day & weekends), and was wondering if i could submit my CV to you? It would great to send to a person rather than the Camberwell practice and hope the right person reponds.

Look forward to hearing back.

Best wishes,

Jen

Max

What do you think of the other centres in the area that offer the same services? (yoga,pilates,acupuncture,massage etc)

Im just being constructive as suggested by admin and MW74 and am not trying to start people off here. ED has plenty of centres, thats why I ask, a couple are on your doorstep. Not sure if im allowed to mention the places but one sells baby products downstairs and the other is located on Blackwater street.

Thank you :))

K

templeton Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I thought the whole point in a first was that it

> set you apart from people with a 2:1?

Well you can look at this in many ways.

The person with the first compared to someone with a 2:1?They have both attended the same seminars have received the same information and have had the same assignments,(i speak in reference to the same course.)The first may have had the first because his grammar was correct or the delivery of information was put in a different way to the person with a 2:1.I think its unfair to say that a first sets you apart.Hoqw about experinces in life?The skills you have develpoed once graduated.The person with the first may have not practiced,whilst the person with the 21 has graduated and practiced,gaining experience and skills.Everyone has an opinion and this is mine,better stop ranting before this becomes irrelevant to the original thread and the administrator punishes me;-)

How can having a first as opposed to a 2.1 (or a 2.2 or 3rd) not set you apart? Unless it doesn't mean anything, but then why invent a meaningless distinction? A degree is awarded on more than attendence; it's not about what work you're set but the work you turn in.

Life skills and experience, yes, of course they make a difference, but that's a different point altogether.

Hi Karter,

I think the places you mentioned offer a specific service to a specifc client base and I also believe there is room for more than one centre. For example, I don't believe that our centre is going to put Fusion out of business. I do however believe that what we offer is sufficiently different. We have done quite a lot of market research on LL and with our existing client base. 81% of people we surveyed on LL (April 2006) told us they wanted a gym on LL. Survey group was 177 subjects.

Best wishes,

Max

Hi Max

I quite agree a gym is a great idea .You may even find me there (fusion suffices for now). My question was about the other services you provide and the 2 small businesses that are directly on your doorstep. Gosh, is there nobody that represents Push studios or The family Natural Health Centre above the Soup Dragon on this forum????

K