The Bishop

Is it just me or do the staff in the Bish have a personality defect?

Actually, I know it's not just me as friends agree. When I go in and ask for a drink(s) it's almost as if I have asked them to bend over while I roger them senseless. Their only aim seems to be to look cool and moody.

This hasn't always been the case. I remember a time when they actually seemed to be having fun behind the bar and this came across their service. I think the slump in customer service coincided with Joe, a previous bar manager, moving to their Balham pub.

I have been going regularly to the Bish since it opened but unless the staff cheer up and try saying 'hello' once in a while, I may have to take my drinking habit elsewhere!

I always find them quite helpful to be honest.. I think there is one young boy that kind of thinks he is a bit too cool to be there but he always gives me what I want.. I find all the others very nice, went there for dinner last week and they were super friendly..

I think people are missing my point. I'm not saying they refuse to give you what you want or that they kick you in the balls. I'm merely pointing out that I think they need to cheer up a bit.

Or maybe it is just me.

It could be the gel?

I know where you are coning from though. Amazing how some people forget they are in a service industry. Think same could be said on occasion with Jacks (sorry has someone mentioned that).... on the whole "OK" but is that really good enough?

What irritates me about the Bishop is that they only serve half pints in those old fashioned jug glasses. So 1970s. So each time I go in there they have to then repour my drink into a wine glass or similar. Everyone I talk to feels the same so please please please Bishop invest some dosh and buy some decent half pint glasses. Suppose I could just bring my own glass!

Why does drinking beer out of a wine glass NOT look silly?

You've never been much further north than Watford, have you?

Try that if you're ever in Salford. Try and video what happens and post it up here if you can.

It's not a north/south thing. Lots of northerners think the dimpled glass + handle is a southern thing in any case.

It is a "not giving a toss what someone should think of you because the bar you are in has a type of glass that offends your own self-image" type of thing.

The guy that runs the Bishop posts on here on occasion. At least he'll be getting a giggle.

What was stupid was the EDT serving plastic pint pots when they were playing the 1st and 2nd Lions Tests against South Africa - before finally back to glass on final whistle.

I've even seen the Bishop serve Guiness in those half pint jug glasses - doesn't look right whatsoever!!

Gelboy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Is it just me or do the staff in the Bish have a

> personality defect?

>

> Actually, I know it's not just me as friends

> agree. When I go in and ask for a drink(s) it's

> almost as if I have asked them to bend over while

> I roger them senseless. Their only aim seems to be

> to look cool and moody.

>

> This hasn't always been the case. I remember a

> time when they actually seemed to be having fun

> behind the bar and this came across their service.

> I think the slump in customer service coincided

> with Joe, a previous bar manager, moving to their

> Balham pub.

>

> I have been going regularly to the Bish since it

> opened but unless the staff cheer up and try

> saying 'hello' once in a while, I may have to take

> my drinking habit elsewhere!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gelboy

You must be just be really ugly & have ugly friends.

I have always had very good service specially from the pretty girls, even the guys are nice to me.

It must be my oozing charm, you must try harder ...but if you is "butters" well that's life ....innit

W**F

* Interesting Lenk.......relations.....*