Lordship lane shop gossip (lounged)

Mark

Yes that is exactly why she stopped. At least she had a go before anyone else here, remember the clothes shop on LL where she sold Sara Pucini etc she was ahead of her time

When we gonna get a river island or something along the lane? im so bored with all these stupid private owned shops that sell crappy little trinkets and things irrelevent things

Dear Clare,

I must admit to bringing a sticky fingered little person into the shop - but I promise that he was always well and truely strapped into his three wheeled Land Rover pram. I even brought him his own raisins and rice cakes and would not scatter my cous cous. It was not me - I promise - who let baby run riot!

You may be interested to know that one of the reasons that there aren't more independent shops opening up in East Dulwich is because many of the landlords who own these properties will only rent premises to 'established' businesses. So they are doing more than anyone else to turn Lordship Lane into an area of chain shops.

I wish there was something we could do, but it's the landlords prerogative. I guess the only thing we can do is object to planning applications and boycott the stores?

Leto,

the only italian thing about the restaurant which used to be next to green & blue was it's name, absolutely nothing else and the food was of a very poor taste indeed....

If it was good it would have still been there (td)

also there are still no places in se22 serving a decent pizza... unfortunately..!!

Castellos had been there for many years, however there is a place in ed that makes handmade pizzas by an authentic italian chef and they are absolutely delicious. Its on Lordship lane at Mon petit chou. Theyve been doing pizza and pasta for a couple of months now and are opening a wine bar too for the evening.

vicksg Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You may be interested to know that one of the

> reasons that there aren't more independent shops

> opening up in East Dulwich is because many of the

> landlords who own these properties will only rent

> premises to 'established' businesses. So they are

> doing more than anyone else to turn Lordship Lane

> into an area of chain shops.

>

> I wish there was something we could do, but it's

> the landlords prerogative. I guess the only thing

> we can do is object to planning applications and

> boycott the stores?

I own several properties in the area and lordship lane (commercial) and am a landlord but would not necessarily lease out to corporate chains ( even though I have been approached). I know of the company you are talking about Vicksg and it seems that he wants the big boys to take over the area but landlords like myself try to preserve individuality of the area.There is something we can do, we can continue to support our local traders.B)

Harumph.

Karter, I'm a great fan of the Chou and go there quite regularly, but I wouldn't even pretend to my mum that it was haute cuisine. Most of their pasta sauces are from a packet, but that doesn't mean they're bad. One shall wait with much anticipation for the wine bar!

Yeah, once had a most peculiar salad in there. There's a lovely Polish guy who works there who also used to do (or still does?) the coffees at Honor Oak Park station. Sorry, is that potentially off-topic? Honor Oak is SE23 - sorry!

Has anyone tried the pizza place in the shopping centre on Rye Lane (not the one with Morrisons in it - the other one)? They're brilliant and totally bargainous - about 3 quid I think for a proper-sized one. And they're proper Italian style thin crust - delicious and not spongy. Only problem is you wouldn't really venture into the centre unless you were looking for some gold shoes or a fake football strip.

huguenot, erm chou does not use sauces out of a packet, they are freshly made by an Italian chef. Go and ask for mimmo, he is the chef, he may even give you a few tips on how to make the sauces. Yes G&B do paninis and baps too.