new coffee bar (was Fresh New Gossip for this Forum)

karter

Can I just say that a Bugaboo is a fantastically practical, comfortable (to use and be in) fairly compact, light, easy to manouvre(?)pushchair. May be expensive but holds its value for resale so all in all you can all sod off. Oh and it has four wheels.

This thread has gone wonderfully off piste. I'm enjoying it. Asset - you are my fave!>:D< Four wheels rule. I'm too big for my daughter's mamas & papas, so I can't vouch for how comfortable it is. She seems happy though. Sorry folks - I'm struggling for gossip too! Naff all on telly tonight.......JM

P.S. DM - I note your coffee travelling with interest. Respect! I have been to Guatemala though. Guatemalan beans from the nice lady on Northcross Road, ground at home, take some beating ;-)

I genuinely do appreciate good coffee. I like Starbucks, and I don't care who knows. I used to like Kylie too - when everyone else hated her!

Has anyone else got a Nespresso machine? They are just fab. They make spectacular coffee, but I must be careful how much of it I drink with small children in the house, as I can start to tremble in the manner of a crazy crack addict! It can be rather strong...

Dear Jimmy Mac, I shall give those coffee beans a try, did you get them in Blue Mountain?

Wow DM - you are quick! I got them on Saturday morning from the lady who has a stall...you must know it...also does freshly squeezed OJ(that was good too)..not far from the nice lady who sells fudge. Do give them a try.JM

I'm surprised I didn't get more stick for my last post ha ha. Maybe it's still to come.

In re. coffee. I like an espresso but so many places all you get is a watery, bitter small black coffee with no crema. The Palmerston did quite a good one I think but can't afford the food there too often.

I also can't bear cappucinos that are all froth and too hot. Just thought I'd share that with you all. Sadly don't have the time to frequent coffee shops with my GIGANTIC pushchair and oversized handbag.

i write this as i knock down the innocent young and old of ED with my MASSIVE buggy containing 2 children that i unleash in every calm happy looking bar in the area. i have written to tescos, gap and of course asda, pleading with them to open a store here on LL. i dream of the day when the air rings with the noise of city slickers screaming 'sell, sell," down their phones. i'm simply sad to think that we will never enjoy the 'oz/south african' youth invasion as enjoyed by other areas like sheperds bush, ensuring that we never get a walkabout pub...

damn, did i just say that out loud ...;)

Asset - perhaps if you hadn't spent so much on a Bugaboo, you could afford to eat in the Palmerston more often. Just a thought!

"Holds its value for resale"?!?.. c'mon folks. It's a pram, not a car. And the resale value is exactly the same as any other pram: Approx one third to one half of the price, depending on how much jam is stuck to it. So I suppose you could say it holds its value just as well as any, er, Alfa Romeo.

Anyone fancy meeting up this weekend for some Pram-Raiding? We could go on convoy down Lordship Lane, sneering at paupers and bouncing the elderly into on-rushing traffic. We would finish off by re-claiming the pubs from those oiks who have the temerity not to have children of their own.

Back on thread though, this trendy new coffee place sounds jolly good.

I'll join in for Pram-Raiding. (some on this Forum definitly needs their heels bumping into for tetchy comments re baby buggies!)Have to say that McLarens rock - good choice, Asset. just has to be one of the best ?150 I've ever spent. Easy to fold/get on bus, lightweight, robust, brilliant manouvrability - (great for clipping the heels of grumpy people) and handy for carrying shopping!

On the coffee shop front - is someone out there going to open up a nice coffee shop up at the Dulwich Library end of LL. You lot have got it so rich down there whilst us poor souls at this end on the Lane are gagging for a decent latte.

citizen

All those caffeine induced E Dulwichites bopping in and out of those gadget laden dens up and down LL...please not another coffee shoppee...why not a juice bar...fresh fruit smoothies, mango juice etc...there's a juce bar in Herne Hill which is also a West Indian food shop...in the window a great display of fresh fruit to juice such as paw paws, womangos (mangos!)bananas etc...that's it!.. combine the two just the same as...except make the service a bit quicker and livelier than Jerk Rock and not so far up Lordship Lane...sadly probably have to charge ?20 a glass or for a peice of jerk pork just to cover the astronomical rents!!!!

citizenED Wrote:

>

> On the coffee shop front - is someone out there

> going to open up a nice coffee shop up at the

> Dulwich Library end of LL. You lot have got it so

> rich down there whilst us poor souls at this end

> on the Lane are gagging for a decent latte.

>

The cafe in the Church (weekdays only) is nice if you have kids with you. Not ED la di da latte, but nice cheap lunches and snacks

Thanks for the nod Fuschia, I do use the Bread of Life cafe - it is great and my lil' boy loves it too. However it is not open weekends as you point out. It would be nice to have a decent cafe up this end of the Lane and i'm sure there is plenty of demand.

citizen

On the subject of the library end of LL, can anyone tell me if the weirdo restaurant next to the undertakers is safe to go in? It looks as though they last got fresh food in the 1970s and could do with some paintwork?? Can't remember what its called and have no energy to walk round the corner and check, but any comments welcomed.....