new coffee bar (was Fresh New Gossip for this Forum)

karter

Well Frank the incredibly friendly Anterior Trading dog is still around. I gather from the lady in the shop that the business had already been sold on to someone else, so perhaps it has indeed closed but carried on its new incarnation without skipping a beat?

• 2 weeks later...

James Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> OK Karter, think I've got it.

>

> Is it gonna be where that furniture place was that

> shut down at the corner of Upland road and

> Landells? (Sorry if someone has already asked

> this)

I tried this one on the Blue Mountain thread

Would love to know if Anterior Trading is available for rent -I'm still thinking about opening up a toy shop for all those mummies wih their oversized buggies.

To go back to the original subject of this thread - I can't believe no-one has pointed out that Mon Petit Chou is the best coffee shop in the area (and possibly in the whole of London). Can't get enough of that place. Soya Latte is second to none and the pastries.....completely delicious.

karter, did I already ask if it's going to be 'apostrophe'?

Or, I have another new suggestion, an East Dulwich Deli cafe - BTW has anyone been to their outpost in Harrods? What's it like? I suspect that the opening/running of that may have caused them to take their eye off the ball locally, as I have observed a distinct drop in friendliness and quality of service recently...

Dear Dundag,

I would love to agree with you about Mon Petit Chou, but the chairs are not soft, there are no toys to occupy little people, and the tables are all too close together to even accommodate a small person with a scooter. Yes the coffee is nice, but I always find I must have a quick swig and dash - as there really is not the space to relax.

I am counting down the days until Starbucks returns, and have my brushed steel cup at the ready...

Dear Dulwichmum

Starbucks will not be coming to LL as far as i'm aware. Apostrophe either ,marauder. However exciting new developments will be starting soon. Saw a house on Melbourne Grove for sale at ?730k. Gosh, once White stuff, foxtons, the toyshop, the other clothes shop by the roundabout, the bombay bicycle club, the new tea rooms and the two new coffee shops open up, how much will that house be worth ??

Too much ....

>>No they haven't. I think it is very poor of them if you ask me, but it will not stop me from filling up my aluminium cup on the very first morning they open<<

It cannot be long now can it? I thought it was due this month sometime?