sofas

sanity girl

Hello,

just wondering where the good folk of east dulwich get their sofas these days. I'm fed up of our tatty freecycle sofa but don't really know where to start looking - Ikea is out of the question as their sofas are too uncomfortable, any suggestions? Are DFS too awful for words, or worth considering?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

We got ours from classic sofas (try google) 9 years ago and it's just starting to need new covers. They do trips to one of the big hotels nr heathrow where you can go and test them and also get a discount. I'd buy from them again.

Just a bit fed up of always having second-hand sofas that are never quite right. I appreciate the suggestion though

bigbadwolf Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Oh I see, the Gumtree not good enough for you is

> it?

>

> Actually...don't answer that.

we got ours from Nabru who were great. They do modular furntiure so you can effectively design whatever you want. Its also useful as they come and assemble it in your home some no problems fitting large items through narrow doors/window removal etc. All their covers are removable with fire and stain treatment too. We got a huge suede corner sofa with a double sofa bed in it for ?800 - less than DFS at the time but far better quality.

sanity girl Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Woofmarkthedog Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Sanity

> >

> > New or VintagᎬ ?

> >

> >

> > W**F

>

> New

--------------------------------

SG

Take a trip out toward Battersea rise just before you get to Northcote Rd on eitherside, there are a few shops with "deals" going on, but how much are you looking -ish at spending ?

There is always the frame & own fabric route with a decent upholsterer & it's not as expensive as it sounds.

W**F

we recently got one through dfs who as you say are a total nightmare to deal with but it is the most comfy sofa ive ever sat on so in the end it is all worth it.. even though we are still waiting on the lamp we ordered 13 weeks ago - truly i dont know how they stay in business..