former East Dulwich councillor - how can I help?

Hi katanita,

The animal mutilation and cat murders sound horrific. I hope the Police catch whoever is doing this ASAP.

The best thing I can suggest is if it happens to someone pets or someone comes across such a dead cat to call the Police 101 non emergency number. The more reported crimes the greater the chance the Police will be able figure a pattern and catch the perpetrators.

IF anyone see's something suspicious call 999. Police regularly tell me they'd wish someone had called 999 as they may have been able to respond and catch someone.

Join or create a Neighbourhood Watch for your street. Working with neighbours means you're more likely to recognise suspicious behaviour.

oThe other thing is to ensure everyone has chipped cats so if they don't have a collar - our cats are like Houdini at removing theirs - the RSPCA/Police can trace owners.

Sorry I can't come up with anything more than this.

Thanks for the response James, appreciate that there is not much more you can do, that's still helpful. From further research I think the best advice is to contact SNARL as well as the police, they are working tirelessly to investigate and assist the police, collecting bodies etc. Their pinned Facebook post has more information https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=830240073748361&id=624100301029007&fref=nf.

I got that letter recently as well. tbh I was slightly confused and assumed it related to the original instance of Southwark missing their own deadline. Please don't tell me this has happened again?...............

James, perhaps a slightly trivial enquiry but on Chesterfield Grove two porta loos have arrived and been placed on the road abut with the kerb outside no.1 for assuming the builders on the M&S site. Is this allowed? I thought such items were meant to be placed on the property and not in the road.

JKartel - the whole issue of the development is a headache already where the builders/developers are doing whatever they please with regards to the land surrounding the site in particular the continued questionable issues of safety. KB is certainly within their rights to express concern AND James has asked to be kept informed.

TheArtfulDogger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Jkartel Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Have you nothing better to do than worry about

> a

> > porta loo in the road?

>

>

> I think the biggest issue here is that the

> builders are taking the piss ...

completely off topic, and I do apologise, but have I mentioned how much I love you Artful?

Back on topic re: porta loos and the site in question... clarification on whether it's right or wrong for them (anyone not just here) to be allowed to place these loos on the road would be appreciated.

Hi James,

I wondered if you might be interested in an on-going matter with Virgin Media broadband affected ED.

They're happily taking customers' money for a service that they have privately admitted is over-utilised.

The result is people who are paying for 100mb service, often get less than 5mb.

They continuously set "review" dates as to determine if they should to resolve this.

But they come and go, with new dates set, whilst they continue to bring new customers on to the overloaded service.

I appreciate it's a bit of a first world problem, but should we really just tolerate situation?

Many people on here get little joy from them - maybe it's something you can help with?

Rob

Hi James, I note your article in the free SE22 magazine that comes through the door regarding road the maintenance budget. I know its not your patch, but I cycle to work daily from ED to the City and have noticed a nasty pothole has developed on Commercial Way SE15 between Pentridge Street and Chandler Way. The hole is large enough to shred a car tyre or upend a cyclist. How do we go about getting that patched? Many thanks.

hi James

welcome to dulwich and thank you for introducing yourself, there are many issues already arising but mine is simple i live in Herne hill and am really opposed to the introduction of CPZ, Southwark are bringing them in regardless on mine and other residences view so is there anything we can do to stop it?

James, can you comment on the latest info on the M&S build ( see Mark T's post below)? Were you aware of these latest developments and will you in any way be involved in the decision making process?

Yesterday I received notification from the Director of Planning, Southwark Council, that Application 15/AP/2221 is to be decided by Planning Sub-Committee B next Tuesday 8th March. That?s the application to add a 4th floor comprising 2 flats with use of 2nd and 3rd floor as offices. The Officer?s Report is not available yet, but the Director writes that he is recommending it for approval.

I checked today with the HM Planning Inspectorate who confirmed that the Appeal hearing against the non-determination of that same application ? Ref APP/A5840/W/3065783 ? is set for 10th May with a deadline for comment 23rd March.

MarkT

Hi first mate,

Looking into this further, James is not on that committee so won't be involved, unless he attends to make representations.

However, the council do seem to beware if concerns about efforts to avoid providing affordable housing:

"Whilst the proposal is below the affordable housing threshold, there is an extant permission for 8 flats on the first and second floors of the building, demonstrating (should this proposal for 2 flats at roof level be permitted) that at least 10 flats could be created here were a future scheme to come forward proposing residential again at first and second floor. It is therefore considered necessary that a S106 agreement is required here to ensure that the cumulative number of residential units at the site is considered, should future proposals come forward, against the Council's affordable housing policy."

This comes from the agenda pack for the 8 March meeting, pages 15 to 33 here:

http://moderngov.southwark.gov.uk/documents/g5100/Public%20reports%20pack%20Tuesday%2008-Mar-2016%2019.00%20Planning%20Sub-Committee%20B.pdf?T=10