former East Dulwich councillor - how can I help?

Hi chazzle,

Yes, my understanding is demolition of the previous building and placing hoarding and undertaking drilling would constitute starting the scheme.

As I explained earlier the developer has applied to straighten the proposed structure to make it cheaper to produce - when I asked them about this it was to obtain relief from the high construction cost inflation.

Yes, it is now 11 years since I originally attend the public appeal objecting to the then proposed design and then seperately proposed to the then developer that they incorporate a new library into the building.

James,

Is that Westrock you have been in touch with? If so, could you ask them to give an indication of their current plans. Do they have a builder in place and planned start/finish dates? (The comment about cost cutting is somewhat alarming.)

James,

I have posted a message on the Railway Rise discussion about the new planning application to build a three-storey extension on the back of two of the cottages.

Can you confirm that, although the consultation period has begun, the planning documents have yet to be loaded: http://planbuild.southwark.gov.uk/documents/?casereference=16/AP/1341&system=DC

It is clearly not acceptable to lose a week off the consultation.

Hi Azalea,

Please see - http://jamesbarber.mycouncillor.org.uk/2013/04/15/gp-complaints-and-praise-how-to/

Summarised as:

Since 1 April 2013 to make complaints about NHS health care:

If you have a comment or a complaint about a GP, dentist, pharmacy or optician contact the London office of NHS England at [email protected]. You can also contact NHS England on 0300 311 22 33. There is more information available at http://www.england.nhs.uk/contact-us/complaint

James Barber Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi Azalea,

> Please see -

> http://jamesbarber.mycouncillor.org.uk/2013/04/15/

> gp-complaints-and-praise-how-to/

>

> Summarised as:

> Since 1 April 2013 to make complaints about NHS

> health care:

>

> If you have a comment or a complaint about a GP,

> dentist, pharmacy or optician contact the London

> office of NHS England at

> [email protected]. You can also contact

> NHS England on 0300 311 22 33. There is more

> information available at

> http://www.england.nhs.uk/contact-us/complaint

Thank you. Have you heard of any surgeries not referring patients to outpatients clinics in order to save money but not telling you, despite agreeing to? Not sure how budgets work in regard to this?

pebs Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi James, what's happening about the Southwark

> Spine cycle route? Long time no hear ...

I would be interested in this, too. And, while we're there, what is the status of the Elephant & Castle to Crystal Palace Quietway? Plenty of consultations last year, but not much seems to be actually happening.

James Barber Wrote:

------------------------------------------------------

>

> Hi Mrs D,

> No update yet. But a recent study really points to

> how after school clubs can make a material

> difference for poorer kids overall education

> results. So keen we see more. The recent research

> might encourage schools to use some pupil premium

> to make more happen.

Hi James -

Is there anyone else I could contact in order to get an answer In regards to the overall Southwark strategy (and indeed east Dulwich) to after school care? I am well aware of any benefits so more interested in a practical solution.....

Hello James

There are a number of shops either boarded up or with repossession notices posted, could Southwark be asked to intervene to encourage new life well before we reach a tipping point. Some have been derelict for at least 5 years (e.g. Threshers).

On a similar note, is there scope to do more at the North Cross Road Market? I heard rumours of picnic / trestle tables with more road closures to encourage more food traders.

Thank you.

Hi James

I started a thread about Motorbike crime in the area, as this seems to be a real problem at the moment. Would you mind taking a look as I would be interested to hear your take on the issue and whether the council is aware of the seriousness of the issue.

Thanks

John

Hi mrsilencio,

The offer of free ground motorbike anchors is still in place for all East Dulwich ward residents - any resident can email with their details so we can organise this.

We also have free motorbike property marking kits - again any resident can email me their contact details and we can get this organised.

I will ask our Safer Neighbourhood Panel Ward Panel to make motorbike crime number one priority. The Police can get a list of all registered motorbikes in the ward and proactively visit offering our free anchors and property marking kits. I will also contact the borough commander asking what other measures he plans to solve this problem.

Hi ruffers,

Around October time the next round of Cleaner, Greener, Safer funding will be open for applications.

Get in touch and I'll guide you through completing the paperwork - anonymously. I have even persuaded Labour councillors about applications, filled the forms in for them and successfully applied in there names in the past - no names. So I've lots of practice.

Upland road pavement closure close to Crystal Palace Road.

Council officers have responded to me:

"

Dear Councillor Barber

Thank you for your enquiry dated 13/05/2016, in which you requested information regarding the following: The ongoing footway closure on Upland Road.I can now provide you with a full response to your enquiry.

We share your frustration regarding the footway remaining closed, and I can assure you that we do not approve footway closures without justification.

In addition to our regular inspections I have visited the site with our Traffic Manager Ian Law. We have made it very clear that we want to footway open as soon as possible. The developer has stated that their program has fallen behind several times and they are extremely keen to clear site as soon as they possibly can. We cannot open the footway until it is safe to do so. If we forcefully have the scaffold removed we are left in the position of having an incomplete building that cannot be finished without further footway closures at some point in the future. Due to the proximity of the build to the narrow footway it has not been possible to have a usable width at any point during demolition or construction. The other option available to us was to have a temporary barriered footway located in the carriageway. This was deemed unsafe due to the narrow carriageway and position of the walkway in relation to the junction. In addition, we would not approve a temporary footway that would push pedestrians across an access point for construction vehicles.

The developer has requested that the licence was extended beyond the point we have granted it for. We will not issue it for long periods because we want to keep pressure on them to finish.

In the meantime we have asked that site hoarding closest to the junction of Crystal Palace Road is moved inwards to improve visibility at the pedestrian crossing that has been kept open throughout the works.

In addition, we have denied another developer across the road any licences at all until the works on 97 Crystal Palace Road are finished. We also managed out the need for any footway closure for another development on the opposite side of the road.

"

I;ve asked why line in the sand have they expressed to the developer.