GBK and Deliveroo..What a mess!

*Tee*

Fuming..

This is the second time I ordered via the Deliveroo app from GBK branch on Lordship Lane and between them they manage to somehow deliver only half my order and this is the second time it has happened so cannot be a fluke!

The second (and last) time it happened was this evening. I called straight away after I realised and was told by the chap in store that my fries will be put on a bike right away......1 hour later nothing.

My partner complained via phone after the hour and told them to forget the 2 portion of fries and to give us a refund instead... but the cheeky git in store put the phone down?! Livid!

Monday morning will be putting in a strong email to head office and will never be ordering this way EVER again as something fundamental is going wrong here!

Rubbish service and even worse... non existent customer service.

*Tee*

Oh lordie

Junk food being delivered to people's home, removing their need to walk down to a restaurant and building up an appetite or working off the food they have eaten on the way back - gosh could this possibly be one of the reasons we have the obesity crisis ...

I am shocked now...next I expect someone to tell me that fast food places deliberately position their outlets next to or near schools...

I have to admit that I don't understand just eat or companies like that

A friend has a small restaurant and paid ?1400 for the just eat terminal then 12% is taken for every order mDe through it...

Not a small amount on the slim margins that restaurants make on food...

What has happened to calling the restaurant directly thus saving them the overheads from third party companies and potentially being able to pass discounts onto the consumer ?

Also, a lot of small restaurants don't want to employ their own drivers. You have a much wider remit I think using one of the delivery services without the fixed payroll costs associated with trying to cover the same delivery area with your own delivery staff.

ETA: Deliveroo actually provide the drivers. I don't think the other platforms do.

LM - yep that's the big difference. Deliveroo take care of the delivery - mainly for restaurants where "eating in" is the core business, rather than takeaway/delivery.

One good tactic is to use JustEat to browse the restuaurants and menus... then phone directly and place your order.

jacks09 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Deliveroo target restaurants that don't offer

> delivery services. For the restaurants its just

> incremental revenue....deliveroo will eat into

> their margin but most restaurants charge at least

> 3 or 4 x cost so there is plenty to play with.

I take it you work in the restaurant industry jacks09 to be able to verify the cost margin you quoted... From talking to my friends in the industry it's no where near that, especially taking into account premise, staff, and other overheads... Margins are very low in the industry so 12% is quite a lot to pay just for receiving an order.

Jeremy, great advice 😀

I think he means marginal costs not the total margin on costs. The marginal costs of selling one more take away meal that without Dliveroo you'd never have sold are minimal (the food, containers depending on the volume of orders. If you start selling a lot of deliveries then you'll need more staff and storage space)

The only way it makes sense is if the restaurant believes they'll be making sales that otherwise wouldn't have happened though.

Did you get refunded? By GBK or Deliveroo?

*Tee* Wrote:

> Fuming..

>

> This is the second time I ordered via the

> Deliveroo app from GBK branch on Lordship Lane and

> between them they manage to somehow deliver only

> half my order and this is the second time it has

> happened so cannot be a fluke!

>

> The second (and last) time it happened was this

> evening. I called straight away after I realised

> and was told by the chap in store that my fries

> will be put on a bike right away......1 hour later

> nothing.

> My partner complained via phone after the hour

> and told them to forget the 2 portion of fries and

> to give us a refund instead... but the cheeky git

> in store put the phone down?! Livid!

> Monday morning will be putting in a strong email

> to head office and will never be ordering this way

> EVER again as something fundamental is going wrong

> here!

>

> Rubbish service and even worse... non existent

> customer service.

> *Tee*

TheArtfulDogger Wrote:

> jacks09 Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Deliveroo target restaurants that don't offer

> > delivery services. For the restaurants its

> just

> > incremental revenue....deliveroo will eat into

> > their margin but most restaurants charge at

> least

> > 3 or 4 x cost so there is plenty to play with.

>

> I take it you work in the restaurant industry

> jacks09 to be able to verify the cost margin you

> quoted... From talking to my friends in the

> industry it's no where near that, especially

> taking into account premise, staff, and other

> overheads... Margins are very low in the industry

> so 12% is quite a lot to pay just for receiving an

> order.

>

> Jeremy, great advice 😀

Rought rule of thumb for a restaurant price was 1/3 cost of ingredients, 1/3 staff costs and overheads, 1/3 profit. So taking 12% reduces profit from 33% to 21% - that's a sizeable reduction. Not sure if that ratio still holds these days.