X Factor

Strawbs

I have a similar digi box with memory to record, it's great. Can programme to record, or pause the tv phil you nip out for a smoke. Alternatively, just go to the xfactor website and watch the whole thing minus ads, on the iplayer.

Keef Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Just to quickly state that I have not watched it

> via the website! But yes, you're basically right.

> I shall come again though, mark my words!

10,000 posts, new baby, the Dads club, X Factor, a whippet, a flat cap....

Really Keef, you don't know whether you're "coming or going" now do you ?

(I promise you It wont get any better than that )

"Eh when I were a lad ...."

W**F

I have a Humax PVR and can tell you they are great, we pause the program and start watching twenty minutes later and just skip all the ads.

If I could get sky I would but too many trees near my house but I guess i save ?50 a month and my son actually does homework rather than just watching football all day and night.

Cant believe Cowell could be so obvious in getting rid of any talent that may compete with his lot.

Vince

Yeah , yeah , yeah

Jedward....Jedward....Jedward....

Oh silly Danyl, adding a "chewey ame'cn" spin on the vocals, FCS I swear, y' know. Still he's not bad ( really) but imagine what he'd be like IF he became famous

Hey Keef , have you cried yet ( I do every week ) OOOoooooooo & Stacey does she remind you of Marty Caine ?

*Bob* a musical over view please..

W**F

Well clearly 'music' was the real winner this week.

We spent most of time trying to remember if Brian or Roger was 'the clever one', and the rest of the time mourning the loss if Freddie (though his spirit lives on - at the Co-Op on Forest Hill Road)

I would have liked Jamie to stay as really don't rate Lloyd as a singer - but I guess as a fresh faced boy he attracts the votes. He's an OK singer, but certainly not as strong as others. I'm actually starting to quite enjoy the twins, despite having hated them the first few weeks - I figure if the show's going to be a complete farce on the singing front there may as well be an act to laugh at!

Lloyd seems a nice lad, but he is a shocking singer, and I was sure he'd go, but as Mrs Keef said, the type of person who'd fancy Jamie probably never watches the x-factor, whereas lots of teenaged girls will vote Lloyd.

I think Jamie was great when he did that Christina Aguilera, and the Crying song a couple of weeks back, 2 of the best performances of the series from anyone. However, he did too many old cheesy rock songs, and I had a feeling he'd be in trouble this week. Fine, he's a rocker, but why didn't they choose more songs like his initial audition, with a bit of energy.

The young lad (is it Joe?) has a good voice, but is just so dull. Danyl still doesn't do anything for me, although he obviously has talent. Olly is just cheesey.

Stacey is still my choice, but needs a rocket up the arse, it's all a bit bland.

Lloyd is out of tune a lot of the time, he really struggles. But I agree with Keef, the demographic of people watching the show are more likely to vote for Lloyd than for Jamie (or be like me - I watch it, liked Jamie, but wouldn't waste money voting!).

Mr Pickle and I were saying last night that Jamie's performances had gradually lost their spark - I think he succombed to the pressure of the "mentors" and lost the edge that he had in his initial audition. Shame. Although he'll go on to do well doing what he was doing before the show.

Joe would be great in the West End, but I don't see him successfully releasing a mainstream album. I used to like Danyl but now I think he's a bit weird! Stacey has a great voice, but once again I don't see her doing well outside of the show - she's not as good as Leona/Alexandra. So sadly I think it's feasible for the twins to win, based on their entertainment value!

The facile Jedward will win because all the screamagers fancy 'em and will go out and buy their records and then tear up their posters when they've tired of them and moved on to someone else having their 15 minutes worth of fame. The only real winner as always will be Simon Cowell.

I thought it ironic that Simon Cowells response to Calvin Harris stage crashing Jedwards performance was that it was 'some idiot trying to get publicity'.

Also noticed they didn't give Jedward any individual vocals in the cheesy charity single they did the other night, they all obviously know they can't sing to save themselves.

• 3 weeks later...