The Haunting of Dulwich

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> No Brendan he wants to screw us all...I think

I do? News to me.

Ted Max Wrote:

--------------------------------------------------------

> It started with Belle, and ended in hell. The Shafting of Dulwich.

Lordy.... what's this "Pick on David Friday"?

I'll be looking out for you on my/our road now Ted! Your the chap with the stuffed dog hanging out the window aren't you?!

steveo Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Another decent thread hijacked

xxxxxx

OK I'll de-hihack it. Though have had a good laugh :))

I had a ghost cat in my bedroom for a while, though it seems to have gone now.

Will that do?

Edited to say:

It jumped on my bed in the middle of the night in that way that cats do and then walked over me/the quilt. No I wasn't dreaming. It scritchy-scratchied in the corner of the room quite often.

One day a cat wandered in from outside, went straight up to my bedroom, straight to that corner, then shot out of the house again.

Spooky or what??

This was a few years back, haven't felt or heard it since.

I used to live in a house on Ryedale (won't say which one so not to scare any future tenants!).

Well on several occasions I used to wait up and see a white figure in the corner of the room. It was just the top half, but had tied back hair and what looked like a baggy blouse on. All I could hear was slow breathing.

The first time it happened I was glued to my bed in absolute horror. I managed to wake myself up (felt paralyzed in bed), and turn the light on. What really freaked me out is my better half who was in bed with me at the time said that I burst into tears! I don't remember that at all!

Anyway, it happened a few more times, but then stopped. At first I blamed it on the wine, but it happened several times!

Very strange.

Am liking these posts! What was a little creepy was as I was reading them, home alone and listening to music, my computer abruptly shut down...someone, or something, doesn't want me to know their secret! Or my computer has a virus. Which is probably more likely :)

JahLush and I were exploring the electric avenue that is reality the last night and no matter what I did I couldn't get the music up any louder. Spooky. Fortunate for the neighbours but also really annoying.

Was it:

1) the good taste fairy rejecting Echo and the Bunnymen?

2) the batteries have gone in the remote?

3) a poltergeist?

4) the amp was flat out already?

I had a flatmate when I lived in Matham who was a poltergeist - crashing about during the night, moving the furniture, stealing food, donating money to charity with my Visa, causing stuff to fly around the room and occasionally screaming.

He also stole pasties from Somerfield when it wasn't called that and ate them before he got to the checkout.

It might be a good thread for the Lounge: flatmates

Over the years, people have talked about asmall child, looking through the door. at the C.P Tavern, wearing a grey pullover and dark short trousers, and he had no shoes on either. Always when people went to check the door slammed shut. It was a long time ago after the war and it stopped people going there I heard.

I was taking a friend home in the car from ED to Streatham late one night a few years ago. As we were going down Gallery Road out of Dulwich Village I thought, as it was so dark, it would be a jolly jape to stop the car and turn off my lights to scare her (we'd been watching a ghost film earlier). It was summer, and the windows were down, and we'd just passed Belair. As I switched the engine off we suddenly heard the plaintive, lonely sound of a ship's foghorn - you know, like in those b&w films where a ship is heard calling out through the mist. It was very loud and deep. My friend, who's from a port - Barcelona - said: 'It's only a ship.' So I had to tell her: 'It can't be. We're too far from the Thames and they don't make that noise on the river anyway.' She didn't believe me. I quickly drove off and, needless to say, didn't return that way!