The Haunting of Dulwich

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I think in the scheme of things, it's more likely

> to have been an actual, living cat rather than a

> ghost. Wouldn't you say?!

xxxxxx

No, because there's no way it could have got in.

The cat who came in later came in through the back door when it was open. I don't leave doors open in the middle of the night!!

I did live in a flat where appliances would mysteriously turn on in the middle

of the night. Noone had done it and it was very spooky waking up and having to turn them off.

Eventually I worked out one of my flat mates was a sleppwalker and had no idea he was doing it, so err it wasn't a ghost.

Plus it was on Stoke on Trent so wasn't local either.

I'll get my coat shall I? Oh my god look over ther....a cat...*scarpers*

• 3 weeks later...

Following Sue's cat story - when we first moved into our house there were a number of occasions when there was a pungent whiff of cat-pee at the top of our stairs that we couldn't explain (we'd decorated and replaced the previous occupants' carpets etc). Then, on a least two separate occasions my young daughter said she'd seen a white cat running up the stairs.

Not sure what to make of it and there's probably a rational explanation.

Good Lord, do ghost cats pee too? That's a bit much.

I read a great ghost story about Roman soldiers marching through London. In what I thought was a very neat touch, the soldiers were marching at the road level that existed in Roman times, and could only be seen from the knees up. Cool, huh?

Tobester999 Wrote:

> Buddug - don't they have Shackleton's boat in the

> Dulwich College - maybe someone was just letting

> off it's horn???

That's interesting. Didn't know that. But it was gone midnight...

we have had an odd thing in our house, nothing happened in our house until my daughter was born, but on quite a few occassions since she was born when I was in her room and having a down moment(when she was crying and I couldnt work out why etc) I would feel a hand on my back. It wasnt scary and actually made me feel quite comforted that I had some support in a strange way but def felt like someone had put their hand there. I never mentioned it to anyone thinking I was prob being daft but then my husband and I went away for 2 nights. My mum and dad came to baby sit for us and when we got back my mum said something strange happened and that she had felt a hand on her back when she was in E's room!

now she is 2 this moonth and can speak very clearly and she keeps saying the lady fell down the stairs-there is no-one there when she say's it but she runs to the top of the stairs saying silly lady fell down the stairs again!

very strange.

I don't know any history but we used to rent a flat above the picture framers on North Cross Rd (no 37A). We had a paranormal flatmate - he wasn't at all threatening, just an old man who used to stomp up and down the stairs, slam the bathroom door, jiggle the handle on the door to the toilet (separate bathroom/toilet arrangement). Sometimes the toilet door would fly open if you didn't lock it, which could only happen if somebody (or something) pushed the handle right down to release the latch.

We got used to him but visitors would always go out to the hallway to see who was coming up the stairs. Nobody ever was. It couldnt' have been noise from downstairs as the shop closed at 5ish but the stomping and slamming would continue once the shop was shut.

championcat Wrote:

> I don't know any history but we used to rent a

> flat above the picture framers on North Cross Rd

> (no 37A). We had a paranormal flatmate - he wasn't

> at all threatening, just an old man who used to

> stomp up and down the stairs, slam the bathroom

> door, jiggle the handle on the door to the toilet

> (separate bathroom/toilet arrangement). Sometimes

> the toilet door would fly open if you didn't lock

> it, which could only happen if somebody (or

> something) pushed the handle right down to release

> the latch.

>

> We got used to him but visitors would always go

> out to the hallway to see who was coming up the

> stairs. Nobody ever was. It couldnt' have been

> noise from downstairs as the shop closed at 5ish

> but the stomping and slamming would continue once

> the shop was shut.

xxxxxxx

I reckon loads more people have experiences like this and never talk about it because they're not sure how others will react.