Missing Post In East Dulwich (Especially Lordship Lane) not strike related

Will_i_am

I have been waiting on many items for over a month now, some from November 1st

Yesterday I recieved a first class recorded delievery packet which was postaed on the 17th November.

It took over 2 weeks for first class to arrive.

I have always had problems with East Dulwich sorting office.

Last year I was waiting on a few item which did not arrive, when I went to the sorting office they had kept 7 of my post as the van driver 'forgot' them in his van and took them back to the sorting office.

I have made many complaints', but nothing ever came of them.

Ok. Now I know what's been going on...Just had two white vans pull up outside my house and two parcels from 23rd Nov delivered. Asked delivery guy where he was delivering parcels from and he replied: Nine elms, so they are not even getting to Sylvester road. I asked him why parcels had taken so long, he said 'strike', so I guess it's due to wildcat strikes at nine elms, if your parcel happens to go through that depot when they decide they are having a strike, the parcels take ages. So stop hassling the guys at Sylvester Road, it's the nine elms one you want!

Oddly I received a card through the door for a parcel today (on a Sunday?). If the mystery package doesn't now get lost at Sylvester Rd maybe my son will get his birthday presents before Christmas after all (but I'm not holding my breath)....

My missing slot car package arrived safely on Friday afternoon - my faith is restored. Of course I've now ordered one from somewhere else and am having it send directly to NZ. Anyone want a Revell Jaguar Sebring 1963 limited edition model?! ;-)

Yeah I went in on Saturday and chap just said to sit tight as they are working through the backlog. Massive queue at Silvester Road stretching down the road. I thought I was getting the good end of the deal going to the post depot while wife went to the butcher but turned out I was queuing much longer!

A parcel I'd ordered the previous weekend turned up Saturday afternoon and two of the three missing parcels were delivered on Sunday. One of them had been posted Oct 26.

OK so it seems the posties are now doing what they are paid to do. Is it because of this thread? Is it because of pressure from Tessa Jowell? Is it just coincidence?

Whatever the answer it is an utterly appalling state of affairs.

Well if pressure from this thread is working then please keep it up! I am still missing:

Birthday present posted from Hong Kong at the end of October (usually takes 5 days)

Birthday present posted from Barnes on 20th November

A dvd ordered on the internet which is a christmas present - posted about 3 weeks ago

My sons brio train set tunnel which is a christmas present - posted about 3 weeks ago

After Christmas I really won't use the Royal Mail again unless there is absolutely no other way. Fed up now!

It is definitely a much bigger problem in se22 than other areas of london. I get most of my post delivered to work now - in SE1 and it has all arrived safely within a few days.

Around half of the post - letters etc sent to my home address goes missing.

I have the same thing happening (Tell Grove) i have 2 missing parcels - one sent 3 weeks ago - one sent last week recorded delivery. i eventually got through to the sorting office this morning to find that they have them there, even though i have never recieved a "while you were out" card. maybe worth people going down there to see if their mail is there or at least calling - i called 08456 112448 - got through to general customer services and insisted they transfer me directly to the sorting office - think thats the only way to actually get through to them.

We live near East Dulwich station and have had loads of problems with post not turning up etc. The main problem is that if a parcel doesn't fit through the letter box the 'postman' will often just leave it on the doorstep. We don't have a front garden and our front door is right on the street so its effectively an invitation for anyone passing by to just pick up our post if they are that way inclined. I have twice now had to pick up post from my neighbour's doorstep and deliver it to them later myself. Its no wonder our post goes missing!

Another issue is that the 'postman' doesn't even always bother to attempt to deliver a package. I was expecting to sign for a delivery on a saturday morning recently when I heard something come through the letter box. The postie hadn't even bothered to knock and had just put a 'while you were out' card through the door advising me to pick up the package from the depot. I went straight out and asked the postman for my package to which he said 'I don't have it with me, you will have to pick it up from the depot'. In other words, I had paid for this package to be delivered to my door and signed for and all the so called postal service could be bothered to do was get it to my local depot where I was expected to go and pick it up myself! Call that a service??

Absolutely appalling - and they wonder why people are using royal mail less and less these days. They should try employing people who give a t*ss and not lazy good-for-nothings! Grrrr...

Another one to be aware of; the Depots share vans and sometimes the drivers cant be arsed to check which "You were out" cards they are shoving through your door. Thus I found myself at a Post Office depot in East London, to be told that my post was at Sylvester Road.

Sylvester Road did have the parcel and sort of shrugged when I raised the wrong card issue.

HDNL left a card on Saturday evening, when I was out, for a parcel from Amazon, and I rearranged delivery for today.

I've been in all day and it never turned up.

I phoned them at 9.45pm (hanging on at 10p a minute) and they said the driver was "still out" because of "Christmas".

At 10.15pm however according to the Amazon tracking system, my parcel was returned to base.

Now what am I supposed to do? Keep rearranging the date and staying in and hoping at some point HDNL will actually deliver it when they say they will?

I'd much rather get a card from Royal Mail and collect the parcel from Sylvester Road. I've just complained to Amazon. So much for their new contract - HDNL are clearly taking on more work than they can cope with.

Ok - just received my parcel posted on 23 Nov.

Have also received other items ordered more recently.

Post woman said that mail /packets etc that built up due to industrial action were stored all over the place - could be 9 elms ,could be elsewhere.

Anyway , ,I'm a happy customer now.

Hopefully everyone else will soon receive theirs as well.