Jump to content

Crime in Dulwich (Lounged)


panama

Recommended Posts

I do wish people would be less cynical about crime on this forum. Over the last couple of months I have become a victim of a clever scam whilst out shopping. Don't be naive enough to think it couldn't happen to you.

Here's how the scam works:

Two seriously good-looking voluptuous 20-21 year-old eastern european girls come over to your car as you are packing your shopping into the boot. They both start cleaning your windscreen, their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy tops in a most lascivious fashion. When you thank them and offer them a tip, they'll say 'No' and instead ask you for a lift to another supermarket , in my case Sainsburys on Dog Kennel Hill.

You agree and they both get in the backseat. On the way, they start undressing, and both get completely naked. Then, when you pull over to remonstrate, one of them climbs over into the front seat and starts crawling all over your lap, kissing you, touching you intimately, and thrusting herself against you, in the meantime the other one steals your wallet!


I've now had my wallet stolen on October 4th, 9th, 10th, twice on the 15th, 17th, 20th, 24th, and 29th. Also November 1st, 4th, 6th, 10th, 14th, 17th and twice yesterday. I fear this will just keep happening unless the police can stop them soon.


Edited to say them stop them, not me

Link to comment
Share on other sites

nashoi Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

I've now had my wallet stolen on October 4th, 9th,

> 10th, twice on the 15th, 17th, 20th, 24th, and

> 29th. Also November 1st, 4th, 6th, 10th, 14th,

> 17th and twice yesterday. I fear this will just

> keep happening unless the police can stop them

> soon.

>

> Edited to say them stop them, not me


Bloody show off. One for the memoirs though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hmm, not sure if crime is 'rising' in ED but, being viewed by many as a 'wealthy' area it doesnt surprise me that it is seen as a 'rich pickings' kinda place. Whether people come from other areas specifically, well, its possible, but, I would imagine there are plenty of people in the vinicity already who know where to traget. ED has not always been such a gentrified place...
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5imon Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> since we're playing toptrumps:

>

> *pulls out "Longsight" card and wins round on

> 'home insurance premium' stat.*


Ah, you win. My mate got kidnapped by a gang in Longsight and taken to a bank machine to empty out his bank account. They then gave him a lift to his house, where they proceeded to nick absolutely everything he owned.


Amazingly, he laughs about it now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

thebestnameshavegone Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Brendan Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Compared to London in general I don't think Ed

> is

> > a wealthy area.

>

>

> Have you seen other parts of London? It's no

> Hampstead but people on the breadline are

> certainly fewer in number.

>

> Dagenham didn't have a shop that sold ?15

> colanders last time I looked.


Brixton isn't what you'd call a wealthy area, but Morleys sell 15 quid colanders, which just goes to show.

Joseph ones I think they are, I'll check at lunchtime and get back to you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

HonaloochieB Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Brixton isn't what you'd call a wealthy area, but

> Morleys sell 15 quid colanders, which just goes to

> show.

> Joseph ones I think they are, I'll check at

> lunchtime and get back to you.


Hmm, maybe my 'colander index' as indicator of local wealth is a slightly flawed model.


Maybe it is more closely-linked to Nissan Figaro density in a given area.


http://modculture.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/nissan_figaro_1.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

thebestnameshavegone Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> HonaloochieB Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Brixton isn't what you'd call a wealthy area,

> but

> > Morleys sell 15 quid colanders, which just goes

> to

> > show.

> > Joseph ones I think they are, I'll check at

> > lunchtime and get back to you.

>

> Hmm, maybe my 'colander index' as indicator of

> local wealth is a slightly flawed model.

>

> Maybe it is more closely-linked to Nissan Figaro

> density in a given area.

>

> http://modculture.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized

> /nissan_figaro_1.jpg


But didn't Vanessa Feltz own one of those? That must skew the figures.

I don't how or why, but it must mean something.

Mustn't it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nah the Nissan Figaro index may well describe ED by quantifying the amount of people who would like to be seen as interesting by having one of those cars that look old but aren?t and who probably don?t posses the taste or ability to recognise and/or seek out a real classic.


Wealthy people have a Bentley in the garage (which rarely emerges) and a ten year old Ford Fiesta parked on the drive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

HonaloochieB Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> thebestnameshavegone Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Brendan Wrote:

> >

> --------------------------------------------------

>

> > -----

> > > Compared to London in general I don't think

> Ed

> > is

> > > a wealthy area.

> >

> >

> > Have you seen other parts of London? It's no

> > Hampstead but people on the breadline are

> > certainly fewer in number.

> >

> > Dagenham didn't have a shop that sold ?15

> > colanders last time I looked.

>

> Brixton isn't what you'd call a wealthy area, but

> Morleys sell 15 quid colanders, which just goes to

> show.

> Joseph ones I think they are, I'll check at

> lunchtime and get back to you.


I checked at lunchtime and they are by Joseph Joseph and the handle is designed to fit over the side of the sink.

They are only 11 quid though, so as you were.

They also have folding chopping boards by the aforememntioned two Josephs and I know they're 15 quid as I bought one a while ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

HB - I have done some investigating for you and have discovered the chop2pot chopping board. It uses the latest technology in polypropylene living hinges, and when the handle is squeezed the board folds into a chute to guide chopped and diced ingredients into the pot. It's made by Joseph x2 as well and costs ?14.95. Is this is the one you bought? Readers deserve to know!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

HonaloochieB Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> HonaloochieB Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > thebestnameshavegone Wrote:

> >

> --------------------------------------------------

>

> > -----

> > > Brendan Wrote:

> > >

> >

> --------------------------------------------------

>

> >

> > > -----

> > > > Compared to London in general I don't think

> > Ed

> > > is

> > > > a wealthy area.

> > >

> > >

> > > Have you seen other parts of London? It's no

> > > Hampstead but people on the breadline are

> > > certainly fewer in number.

> > >

> > > Dagenham didn't have a shop that sold ?15

> > > colanders last time I looked.

> >

> > Brixton isn't what you'd call a wealthy area,

> but

> > Morleys sell 15 quid colanders, which just goes

> to

> > show.

> > Joseph ones I think they are, I'll check at

> > lunchtime and get back to you.

>

> I checked at lunchtime and they are by Joseph

> Joseph and the handle is designed to fit over the

> side of the sink.

> They are only 11 quid though, so as you were.

> They also have folding chopping boards by the

> aforememntioned two Josephs and I know they're 15

> quid as I bought one a while ago.



*updates london_chopping.xls*

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

    • If 85% of car drivers are regularly breaking the law and think they are above it - then it suggests they aren’t being caught and fined doesn’t it? 
    • But we are talking about the cyclists are we not? Did you also notice the very same pedestrian walks across the pedestrian crossing and what happens...the cyclist cycling up the wrong way of the cycle lane doesn't stop at the pedestrian crossing....   Perhaps you would like to try and find fault with the pedestrians in the other video....or are you refusing to watch that one too...time to take the blinkers off perhaps... Well if they get caught speeding they get fined...you can kill someone when youre riding a bike and claim the speed limit doesn't count for you and you can't be charged with causing death by dangerous cycling. Is that perfectly acceptable in your world?   As I have said for a long time the daily repeated examples of.bad cycling everyone can see must be down to arrogance or ignorance...which one is it? Police are starting to have to more aggressively police cycling not because they want to but because they have to..why..because cyclist behaviour is getting worse.
    • It starts with pedestrian walking down the middle of a cycle lane. So what do you think should happen to the 90% odd car drivers that break the law and think they are above it? 
    • Dulwich Hamlet women’s team have been promoted today   
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In



Or sign in with one of these services

Search
×
    Search In
×
×
  • Create New...