Crime in Dulwich (Lounged)

panama

HI all

"Political Correctness"

The American reactionary right created the term in order to disparage the many attempts by govt to use legislation etc to bring about fair and equal treatment.

"Political correctness" does not mean that any section of our society gets extra protection, or that you should not report black crime for example. It DOES mean that racism etc needs to be binned.

It was very saddening to watch "Confessions of a traffic Warden" last evening on TV, and witness the unparalleled racism, hatred and vitriol pouring out of many peoples (mostly white british) mouths.

We need more political correctness, and ALL crime, black or white needs to be reported.

thebestnameshavegone Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> In the original American sense, it is more or less

> a right-wingers code for 'anything that we do not

> like'.

It's not that bad. You're ok unless you're a communist, homosexual, a woman, black, poor, not a Christian etc.

legalbeagle Wrote:

> I'll leave you with this one:

>

> Si reus manifesto sit in culpa, sitne fas nos

> quaestionem praetereuntes condemnatum in carcerem

> confestim conicere per admissionem subitariam?

Again very good effort Brendan! A-. It was in fact:

"If the guy is obviously guilty, can we just skip the trial and send him straight to prison under early admission?"

TonyQuinn-i agree with you i won't expect a grown up set of replies the next time i post something, it does seem that there are far too many idiots on this forum though.

No suprise though as there are even more idiots in charge of the country.

2000AD was never in Latin and i started reading it in the early 80's its always been in English not suprising as we are in the UK.

Bring back capital punishment, stop the crazy political correctness that is ruining the country, bring discipline back to schools, punish parents that allow their kids to become criminals.

i wonder how many people share my views but keep it to themselves.

TonyQuinn-i agree with you i won't expect a grown up set of replies the next time i post something, it does seem that there are far too many idiots on this forum though.

No suprise though as there are even more idiots in charge of the country.

2000AD was never in Latin and i started reading it in the early 80's its always been in English not suprising as we are in the UK.

Bring back capital punishment, stop the crazy political correctness that is ruining the country, bring discipline back to schools, punish parents that allow their kids to become criminals.

i wonder how many people share my views but keep it to themselves.

OP

"There seems to have been an increase in crime in Dulwich lately.......... i think a lot of it is by youths passing through the area probably from Peckham and Camberwell.... it seems however that not everyone is reporting these to the police so the actual numbers are unknown."

There seems, I think, unknown.

A genius post on which to base an argument.

Good thread, 8/10.

OP

"There seems to have been an increase in crime in Dulwich lately.......... i think a lot of it is by youths passing through the area probably from Peckham and Camberwell.... it seems however that not everyone is reporting these to the police so the actual numbers are unknown."

There seems, I think, unknown.

A genius post on which to base an argument.

Good thread, 8/10.

It's at times like these that I let my mind drift and ask what counsel might the late Cab Calloway have to offer on the matter in hand, in order to pour oil on troubled waters.*

And of course words of wisdom can be found in his canon. Hail Cab.

Panama, Shanama, Swanee shore,

Let me dig that jive some more;

Boy? Oh boy!

The jim-jam-jump with the jumpin' jive

Makes you get your kicks on the mellow side.

Hep! Hep!

Covered of course by Joe Jackson's Jumpin' Jive, and coincidentally Joe was a resident of the Dog Kennel Hill Estate.

Though even then I'm sure he never mugged anyone.

I remember a time when the only hoods you'd see round the place were the likes of the Richardsons and good old 'Mad' Frankie Fraser. Good to their old mums so they were.

*No doubt I'll have the PC brigade (or PISSY brigade as I've taken to satirically styling them) after me on enviromental grounds or somesuch.

It's at times like these that I let my mind drift and ask what counsel might the late Cab Calloway have to offer on the matter in hand, in order to pour oil on troubled waters.*

And of course words of wisdom can be found in his canon. Hail Cab.

Panama, Shanama, Swanee shore,

Let me dig that jive some more;

Boy? Oh boy!

The jim-jam-jump with the jumpin' jive

Makes you get your kicks on the mellow side.

Hep! Hep!

Covered of course by Joe Jackson's Jumpin' Jive, and coincidentally Joe was a resident of the Dog Kennel Hill Estate.

Though even then I'm sure he never mugged anyone.

I remember a time when the only hoods you'd see round the place were the likes of the Richardsons and good old 'Mad' Frankie Fraser. Good to their old mums so they were.

*No doubt I'll have the PC brigade (or PISSY brigade as I've taken to satirically styling them) after me on enviromental grounds or somesuch.

panama Wrote:

> TonyQuinn-i agree with you i won't expect a grown

> up set of replies the next time i post something,

> it does seem that there are far too many idiots on

> this forum though.

> No suprise though as there are even more idiots in

> charge of the country.

> 2000AD was never in Latin and i started reading it

> in the early 80's its always been in English not

> suprising as we are in the UK.

> Bring back capital punishment, stop the crazy

> political correctness that is ruining the country,

> bring discipline back to schools, punish parents

> that allow their kids to become criminals.

> i wonder how many people share my views but keep

> it to themselves.

Cab Calloway says "Hotchma Razz-Ma-Tazz, give or take about 34".

panama Wrote:

> TonyQuinn-i agree with you i won't expect a grown

> up set of replies the next time i post something,

> it does seem that there are far too many idiots on

> this forum though.

> No suprise though as there are even more idiots in

> charge of the country.

> 2000AD was never in Latin and i started reading it

> in the early 80's its always been in English not

> suprising as we are in the UK.

> Bring back capital punishment, stop the crazy

> political correctness that is ruining the country,

> bring discipline back to schools, punish parents

> that allow their kids to become criminals.

> i wonder how many people share my views but keep

> it to themselves.

Cab Calloway says "Hotchma Razz-Ma-Tazz, give or take about 34".

bTonyQuinn Wrote:

> Panama I don't agree with many of the things you

> stated, certainly capital punishment hasn't made

> the United States a safer place. The point is

> don't ever bother starting a thread about crime in

> Dulwich. The debate always descends into the

> abyss. What you must remember is that most

> contributors on this forum would be perfectly at

> home in the Question Time audience.

Not me TQ, not when it comes from places like Swansea, Colchester and White City.

And frankly the places that resemble the originals leave a great deal to be desired.

No, I'll take you up on the former suggestion and descend into the abbess. Well none of us is perfect, eh?

bTonyQuinn Wrote:

> Panama I don't agree with many of the things you

> stated, certainly capital punishment hasn't made

> the United States a safer place. The point is

> don't ever bother starting a thread about crime in

> Dulwich. The debate always descends into the

> abyss. What you must remember is that most

> contributors on this forum would be perfectly at

> home in the Question Time audience.

Not me TQ, not when it comes from places like Swansea, Colchester and White City.

And frankly the places that resemble the originals leave a great deal to be desired.

No, I'll take you up on the former suggestion and descend into the abbess. Well none of us is perfect, eh?