Foxtons - it's happening

the cloak

I know. Aren't they fantastic?

The way they, you know, get the keys and open the door up. Then they show you the rooms. And then, if you're interested, you put an offer in. They really do deserve every penny for a difficult job well done!

While obviously suffering from many of the problems that generally beset the industry, I have to say that Foxtons were actually more realistic in pricing our last property (we used them when moving from Bethnal Green) than most of their competitors, who overvalued the property just to get it on their books. That's not to take away from the sharp practice that they indulge in, but I do wonder if they are unfairly vilified amongst their peers. Are any of the other chains really that much more honest and transparent?

*Bob*, you've described a process that cannot be described as selling. When we moved here from Nunhead the agent we engaged did exactly as you have described, ie opened the door and explained what each room was (as if its not self-explanatory) before showing then out again.

Good selling will get people thinking about how much they would enjoy living in the house, and the area, how well their possesions will fit in it and how aspirational it is. They will also come away with a warm feeling and feel that they are very clever indeed for even thinking of buying the house. They'll also get closed early on to avoid idiot timewasting.

Agents who cannot even be bothered to sell will, quite rightly, find themselves out of business in no time once Foxtons kick off.

with luck, the days of paying a poorly trained halfwit 3% to open your front door and say "and this is the hall", are over in ED.

bald marauder Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> While obviously suffering from many of the

> problems that generally beset the industry, I have

> to say that Foxtons were actually more realistic

> in pricing our last property (we used them when

> moving from Bethnal Green) than most of their

> competitors, who overvalued the property just to

> get it on their books. That's not to take away

> from the sharp practice that they indulge in, but

> I do wonder if they are unfairly vilified amongst

> their peers. Are any of the other chains really

> that much more honest and transparent?

No, not really, we despise them all.

Nah they're all bastards. 'tis the nature of the game. I blame the television and the communists.

I think Ken should bring in a new regulation the forces them all to use Smart cars or mopeds and to provide off street parking for their employees so they don't clog up our highstreets whith those bloody awfully painted cars.

Anyone who honestly thinks being a successful estate agent involves anything more taxing than:

a. Use of the correct key to get the door open

b. Ability to say things like: "Nice big lounge" or "Great outside Space" or "Period Features"

is either

a) Mad as a hatter

b) An estate agent

c) The spouse of an estate agent

Jonboy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Just re-read my last post and am concerned that I

> sound like a Foxtons employee. Before my house is

> burnt down, I'd like to say that I am not.

Too late. Forces have been mobilised

*bob*:

voice of reason - I've never worked out why I'm supposed to pay 5k for someone printing photos and holding keys.

I've been to look at a few properties recently and the agents have been utterly useless - worse than useless in fact as they just agree with my comments.

Scum. Verbose, greedy, Stupid, shouty vermin. every single one of them.

They exist in cartel to keep themsleves in the money and to exclude interlopers. Every horrible baord they erect should be registered and taxed heavily by the local authority. Their nasty vulgar cars should be made to pay extra for parking on LL or environs.