Forum Sponsors

www.dulwichcorefitness.co.uk

www.knowledgeseekers.co.uk

Professional Carpet Cleaning at an affordable price - A & M Carpet Care

Advertise here

The East Dulwich Forum
Coffee tastes best at... Blue Mountain? Caffe Nero? The East Dulwich Cafe?
Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 14 of 18
messageRe: It's contagious, and it's official (aka Tiny Little Things That Cause You Irrational Joy)
Posted by sophiesofa 24 August, 2010 18:37

owning a leatherman

messageRe: It's contagious, and it's official (aka Tiny Little Things That Cause You Irrational Joy)
Posted by RosieH 24 August, 2010 20:30

That moon - wondrous...

Posted by Steph 24 August, 2010 21:01

An old boy walking his little dog today and continously telling it to be quiet and shut up becuase he wouldnt stop barking but it just made the dog bark more and louder..it was ever so sweet...

Posted by sophiesofa 25 August, 2010 09:52

The was Sue does this:

"quote from another forumite"

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

her text

I just think it's sweet.

Posted by RosieH 25 August, 2010 12:26

My bus driver stopping on Rye Lane today to hand a banana to a bus driver coming the other way. Bromance.

Posted by HonaloochieB 25 August, 2010 12:40

RosieH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That moon - wondrous...

I'll second that.
Even though I looked at it through glass which means I'll go mad.
Worth it I reckon.

Posted by SteveT 26 August, 2010 13:02

A buddies four year old son insists on pointing at muslim women (in the garb which has a "letterbox" to look through)

and saying loudly 'I CAN SEE YOU'!

--------------------
dickensman

Posted by Peckhamgatecrasher 12 September, 2010 20:28

Podding homegrown broad beans this evening (a smug joy in itself) - the insides are so soft, velvety and downy, makes me want to design a pod bed.

Posted by legalbeagle 12 September, 2010 21:11

New earrings, new handbag, new vintage Tinkerbell t-shirt.

*sigh*

I can't help it. I LIKE shopping.

Posted by 12 September, 2010 22:38

Posted by giggirl 12 September, 2010 23:11

Quids you're like the man counting the stars from the Little Prince and I loved reading the Little Prince so now I'm feeling some joy.

Posted by 12 September, 2010 23:12

is he that statue? If so, I liked it too.

Posted by Peckhamgatecrasher 03 October, 2010 00:34

Gawain on tonight's 'Merlin'. Phwoar!

Posted by RosieH 03 October, 2010 07:57

Especially the gratuitous topless scene. Wow momma.

Posted by charliecharlie 03 October, 2010 10:39

seeing a band called Second Sense do an acoustic set last night at Goldsmiths... WOW
Great vocalist, great guitarist!!

try this for size...

[www.myspace.com]
[www.youtube.com]

what do ya think folks????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2010:10:03:14:34:57 by charliecharlie.

Posted by ruffers 03 October, 2010 19:58

Those mornings where the opening of a brand new box box of corn flakes coincides with opening a new bottle of milk.

Posted by hibbs 05 October, 2010 11:27

Parellel Parking...

[vimeo.com]

Well it made me chuckle.

Posted by 'bout now 19 October, 2010 22:35

Spreading the love. Aboard the P13 bus from Queens rd at 2.40 ish. I've never come across such a warm, friendly and caring driver. Not only did he seem to know EVERY lady to get on (all 60+), he waited for everyone to get to their seat before setting of, stopped 150 yards down the road to pick up tardy passengers, bid goodbye with booming cheerios, an all round good guy.
It's obviously his shift , as at Peckham bus garage a lady gave him a can of Pepsi and a packet of crisps whilst dibbing her Oyster card. Fair warmed my cockles.

The return from ED was altogether different and sadly more normal.

Posted by zeban 14 November, 2010 12:31

Well dressed old men and women
Babies smiling and laughing
Birds singing
Birds landing outside my bedroom window
Sunshine and clear skies on a cold day
Autumn
Desert landscapes
Fruit and vegetables
Hearing certain languages spoken-especially Japanese and Italian
Making random connections with strangers
Getting off the plane in a new country I've never been to
Friendly cats I pass on the street who enjoy a little tummy tickle and attention from me

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit was 2010:11:16:11:55:23 by zeban.

Posted by brum 15 November, 2010 16:14

A zip unzipping.

Posted by KalamityKel 17 January, 2011 21:56

Day 2 of nursery, after two hours of screaming and stomping that little miss is NOT going NOT going Not going, she then turns to daddy in a rather calm manner "daddy I'm going to nursery today aren't I?" Smiles and hops off to find her coat and gloves... *sighs*

Posted by RosieH 28 January, 2011 00:56

Jonny Gowlett - a man so handsome that only a woman of impeccable artistic endeavour is worthy of him.

The Cult, Beastie Boys, the Roman wall around Chester - all these are things of magnificence. Sir, I salute you.

Posted by Emerson Crane 28 January, 2011 10:34

Stumbling across a second hand record or book store that you didn't know existed.

Posted by Ridgley 28 January, 2011 10:39

Patronising know it alls gets right up my nose

Posted by ruffers 28 January, 2011 22:03

Finding out your team's cup game isn't on ESPN after all.

Posted by Narnia 29 January, 2011 07:53

Ridgley Wrote:
> Patronising know it alls gets right up my nose...............which causes you irrational joy?

Posted by MrTwirly 29 January, 2011 09:43

reetpetite Wrote:
> The smell of the grass on a warm day and its just
> rained.

As a congenital Anosmic that's one pleasure I have sadly no knowledge of. Mind you it does come in handy sometimes ;)

The things that give me joy are multifold. Pink floyd on the radio, seeing the "perfect" sunrise/sunset/moon rise/sunbeam/etc AND having my camera with me .. but most importantly.. coming home to Mrs Twirly smiling smiley

Posted by womanofdulwich 29 January, 2011 10:14

Finding the "reading group book" for next month in a charity shop-or better still the libray- especially if you didnt really fancy it anyway..................

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit was 2011:01:29:10:15:22 by womanofdulwich.

Posted by acumenman 29 January, 2011 12:25

Watching a pushy git of a crappy driver zig-zag the length of a road, only to get stuck at the lights behind a 'bendy' and have all the traffic that he passed now glide past him.

I know it's petty, and I shouldn't gloat, butbig grin said he gleefully.

Posted by Ridgley 31 January, 2011 12:49

You Narniasmiling smiley

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718Next
Current Page: 14 of 18

Back to top of page
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
Donate                   Terms of use                  Help & FAQs                   Advertise               RSS rss feed