It's contagious, and it's official (aka Tiny Little Things That Cause You Irrational Joy)

charliecharlie

That hard stare cats give you when you address them by their 'name'. "Are you talking to me, human scum?"

David Mitchell on Have I Got News For You.

Proper chip shop fish 'n' chips.

My peculiar ability to dream elaborately detailed fictional characters.

Programmes about badgers.

The sounds of small children running up and down corridors on wooden floorboards. Where do they get their energy?

Masterchef.

Socks with sandals.

Red-haired men. (with the obvious exception of Mick Hucknall)

Dappled sunlight through the apple tree.

Drinking milkshake through a stripey straw.

Small boys giggling behind their hands.

A very hot shower after a long, tiring day.

Giant fluffy towels.

Postcards from foreign places.

The first day you venture out in sandals instead of shoes, squinting in the sunshine and loaded up with plasters just in case.

The word hippopotamus.

Boots own brand. Does the job just as well, but cheaper. This actually all dates from the night a few weeks ago when my evil Scottish neighbour kept me up half the night wittering loudly in her garden. I ordered a job lot of earplugs off the internet, and unfortunately I must have, ahem, inserted one a bit too far in, because I've been half deaf ever since. Well, so not so much deaf as having a constant ringing sensation in my ear rather akin to the time I spent an evening headbanging two foot in front of the speaker stack at a Teenage Fanclub gig and spent the next three weeks shouting "What?"

bigbadwolf Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Now I don't own one although I wish I did but I'm

> sure you'll all agree that there is no sound like

> that of a pump action shotgun being

> cocked/chambered. Whether you're behind or in

> front of it.

In front of it? Surely you'd b slightly worried no? :s

A sudden torrential downpour on a day that I'm off sick. The bright sun was giving me a mother of a headache, but lovely, lovely rain makes me feel much better. Bring on the rain! (and thank god or fate or whatever that it didn't rain yesterday and spoil everyone's Sundays)

summer thunderstorms, encounters with friendly cats on the way home from work, seeing cute babies out and about, sniffing my daughter's head (actually, that has more of a narcotic effect), the sound of a cat's purr, the espresso coffee at chalet ciro in Naples

rediscovering that I have got some relatives that I like and that my cousin is

totally hilarious and makes me laugh, laugh, laugh (I'm smiling just thinking about her...)

laugh more worry less, it's better for your health

a totally brilliant late sunday lunch in the communal garden...

sun, lovely people, wine, delicious food and no travel

slow roast lamb, roast sweet potatoes with carrots, rosemary and garlic cloves, green beans, stuffed tomatoes and more

plus four brilliant puds... baklava, dark chocolate cake with cardamon and chili, raspberry pavlova and cheesecake

finished at 9.00... perfect

(and I am still full)

file.php?20,file=4937

*thinks... must lose a few lbs before the holiday*