It's contagious, and it's official (aka Tiny Little Things That Cause You Irrational Joy)

charliecharlie

Tony.London Suburbs Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> PinkyB Wrote:

> and a 99 on the beach.

>

> I agree..a 39 to Putney, a 99 on the beach, just

> need to fill in the missing number in the sequence

> now....;-)

Dirty beast

The wonderfully cool and smooth other side of the pillow

Blue sky and sun shining through spring-fresh green leaves

The cork's joyful pop

Small arms around your neck that tighten when you start to let go

Marzipan, o beautiful sweet rich marzipan

Singing in harmony with 40 other voices

Watching the groom's face when the bride arrive... but now I'm going off topic onto Big Things.

when something sets you and your friends off laughing, and then it catches your imagination and sense of humour and takes off like a forest fire... each time you begin to calm down and talk normally again, the laughter bug set off again...

the best feeling!

http://www.knowledgebase-script.com/demo/article-230.html

ps. On average, children laugh 270 times a day and adults laugh 17 times

now that's not funny, help folks, what are we going to do about this!!!

Keep making me laugh forum, need to get my daily count up by about 200...

charliecharlie Wrote:

> having a boss you respect and like

> it's like a bloody miracle...

seems neither tiny nor irrational to be joyful about that one. think the most common reason people have (rather than the ones they give in job interviews) is hating their boss

Things that bring little flashes of joy amongst the general tedium of daylight.

That first bottle of wine after a hard day at the surgery, Rafa Benitez interviews, insanely complicated polyrhythms, The crackle of needle on vinyl, Seeing birds of prey, Mrs Proctor in a good/silly mood, Random acts of disention, Finding things presumed lost, Australia losing at anything, Comical celebrity suicides, Kittens, Red Meat (The Cartoon Strip), The Brummie accent, Waking up with less of hangover than you undoubtedly deserve, Free stuff, Ridiculous facial hair, Guerila art, seeing batsmen (on TV in slow mo) getting hit in the nuts with a rising snorter of a delivery, Stargate SG-1, Sharing Ron Zacapa with friends, Mrs Proctor lending a hand around the house without having to be nagged, Sharp Knives in the kitchen, The sound of the royal mail van pulling up outside my house, I know he has records for me, A new suit, Un staged double entendres, Magnum PI, Symetry in paving, Joan Miro paintings, Red Meat (the meat), A new Wade Davis book, Me, a canoe, and a quiet river, Flaming Lips concerts, The continued rude health of Sir David Attenborough (or is he a lord now ?), Kosen soft toys, Very strong cider, House plants not dying within 3 months of purchase, Finding a an unvisited second hand record shop, Chinese dumpling/Japanese Gyoza, Hollowed out Oranges filled with sorbet and then the lid put back on, The British Museum, The Robin Hood pub near Codicote, Accurate weather forecasts, Christiano Ronaldo signing for Real Madrid (adios greasy little punk), Well made hats, Making lists, Well tended gardens, Genesis bootlegs, Nurses, Old people being sarcasric, Barbeques, Denis Bergkamp/Paul Merson/Thiery Henry in their prime, Vivian Stanshall, Ralph Steadman, Lightning, Baking, Otters, Strong Cheddar (Black Bomber), Saucisson, Playing frisbee on long summer evenings, Baby Polar bears playing, er loads more things

Home

A family of long tailed tits feeding in the garden,

runner beans climbing up the canes,

a plum tree smothered in plums,

birds nesting in my garden always makes me feel like I'm honoured,

unexpected visit or phone call from a long lost friend,

Work

Unexpected large order because of swine flue,

large payment dropping into my bank account,

ordered goods with long lead time arriving early,

Play

In a club and pulling,

making the company laugh out loud from a wicked remark,

Random

an act of kindness,

someone who truly loves you looking out for you,

Scoring drugs in a foreign country.

Getting let out of work early.

Getting paid for days you skived off.

Getting it up after a biblical skin full.

Successfully blaming a fart on someone else and watch them take the flak.

Spliff in the bath. Quite overwhelming the first time though.

Bunking the train in this day and age.

Finding a tenner or a bluey on the street.

Football season ending. Can't stand football.

Giving my Dad a sound whipping at Golf.

SteveT Wrote:

> Home

> A family of long tailed tits feeding in the

> garden,

> runner beans climbing up the canes,

> a plum tree smothered in plums,

> birds nesting in my garden always makes me feel

> like I'm honoured,

> unexpected visit or phone call from a long lost

> friend,

>> an act of kindness,

> someone who truly loves you looking out for you,

xxxxxxxx

OK I deleted some of them, but of those that are left - respect :)