Tights?

Annasfield

Right, I'm aware that I started a thread on Friday with a similar title, but I have found this a little odd!

Its Saturday night, I'm sat at home and about 20 mins ago I heard the letter box go. I was intrigued so went to investigate and to cut a long story short someone has posted a pair of tights through.

I don't know if someone has the wrong address, but I'm sure they didn't mean to deliver to our immediate neighbours. I can't imagine either of them wearing purple zig zag tights.

I am confused...................

Hilarious! When I was growing up, we had a man called the 'coffee man' who would bring my nana lots of Nescafe from dodgy provenance. One day, nana had knickers (bloomers) blowing on the line when the coffee man came. After he'd gone she noticed that clothes pegs had been attached to the crotch areas of all her undies, which she found hilarious. Ah, childhood memories.....Nero

OHMYGOD! Primark? How very dare they. The could at least have gotten some nice nude ones from M&S. I would take this as a personal slight, get myself a dangerous dog and notify the local constabulary that there are perverse folk about! PLUM WITH ZIG ZAGS? Really, don't take any chances. This individual is sick.

My mate texted his girlfriend the other day to "Get here at 5pm, strip, go lie on the bed."

Least, he THOUGHT he had texted his girlfriend.

His girlfriend's name is one letter out from his line manager.

Yup.

I know.

How we laffed.

So - plum tights from Primark? Was there a receipt even? Do you know your neighbours to ask them about it? Are they reading THIS? ho ho

Another mate has two letter boxes in his door. One says "Letters " and the other says "Junk Mail including Pizza leaflets" beneath which is the recycling box. And the kids always kindly put the pizza leaflets in that one.

No receipt - nothing. The thing is, had they have been delivered at 4pm on a Saturday still in a bag, then I'd probably thought nothing of it.

As it was Saturday night, I was home alone and clearly indoors. The tv was on in the front room, so who ever delivered them would have know I was there. It just spooked me at the time.

Now I find it funny...

That said, they could have just got the wrong street. When myself and the housemate first moved in we had a rather drunken night out and decided to get a cab home. We directed the cabbie and after a lot of disagreement between myself and my friend we decided on a road where we thought we lived. We pulled up outside, paid the cab driver and headed toward the front door only to realise "we don't live". Hmmm - I do occasionally dye my hair blonde to match my brain...

my partner is great at lateral thinking and has given me an explanation to this with is - to me, very plausable. he thinks that someone who lives near you was probably shopping and dropped the tights. then someone else saw them outside your house, thought they were most prob yours and put them through the letter box!

Perhaps you didn't pay for a round last time you were in the pub and this is a sign. Bit like the Mafia and the dead fish. Or maybe it's a gang of bankrobbers who are going to frame you for a heist. Years ago the only people in east duwich who wore tights wore them over faces.

Again, only guessing, no personal experience.

Re: Tights?

Posted by: EDOldie Today, 03:46PM

Perhaps you didn't pay for a round last time you were in the pub

=============================================================================

How very DARE you! ;-) I always buy a round. In fact I always stitch myself up because I drink far too quickly and feel embarassed waiting with an empty glass.

Lozzyloz - What would flesh coloured tights signify?

Keef - I will ask tonight. You probably know who my neighbour is and thinking about it, it wouldn't surprise me if she posted them.