Ferry Vs Eurotunnel

It depends on where you are going. For Brittany and Normandy the western ferry routes and overnight crossings can be good as you arrive early morning. if you are going to Calais and on from there the ferries tend to be cheaper but the Eurotunnel is faster and if you are up to 2 hours early or late if there is space you can change crossing.

Renata

Tunnel is definitely quicker, but in my experience kids find the ferry quite exciting.

If you have a long(ish) onward journey the ferry breaks it up a bit more too. In the tunnel, you can get out of your car but just to stand by the side of it really.

A bit late, but we got caught in a category 7 storm (I think at 8 or 9 they shut down crossings) on ferry back from Brittany - one of the worst travel experiences of my life and we didn't have kids with us! But depending on where you want to go it may be more convenient.

"A bit late, but we got caught in a category 7 storm (I think at 8 or 9 they shut down crossings) on ferry back from Brittany"

I had a similar experience a few years ago, strangely the canteen had very few customers as they were all in the toilets :-)