Best Sunday Curry Buffet - Lordship Lane

Marmora Man

We always go to the Dulwich Tandoori - plenty of choice, large pieces of meat / chicken in the curries and plenty for veggies. The kids LOVE it there! And it's cheap!

Top Tip - DON'T go to the Three Monkeys Sunday buffet - the starters were very good, but the mains were like soup with the odd bit of meat down the bottom - very poor value for money.

Pistachio Club - always consistently good (been a few times on a Sunday) - and not only the old favourites. Last time (couple of weeks ago) they had a lovely mild prawn dish in a coconut sauce.

Think its still ?6.95 for adults and they are always topping up the buffet with fresh food

Do you not find the Sunday Buffet a bit... manky? Curries are even greasier than usual, made all the more unpleasant by the lukewarm temperature. Tandoori chicken usually consists of scrappy little bits of drumstick and wing. And there's often some sort of ambiguous looking deep fried sort of "fritter" things.

However, I will admit that it represents reasonable value if you eat enough to keep you going for the whole day.

I have always understood that the "all you can eat buffet" came into being as a way of getting rid of any surplus food/stock from the previous week?

Not being a curry fan in particular, I can't really comment on quality but if people enjoy it, with no ill effects, then they do appear to represent good value for money.

Without a doubt the Pistachio Club and the Surma.

We have a problem where we are known in both and have to approach each restaurant from a different angle. My favourite part of the buffet is prawn and spinach. If either do not have it, they will prep it and put it on the buffet table.

What more can you ask.

Regards,

Libra Carr.

I agree with Jeremy.. My problem with any of those 'All You Can Eat' buffets is that the restaurants are not a charity and have to make money (obviously)so in order to get some returns from these buffet's, i'm guessing they'd have to buy the cheapest meat of unknown (to us) provenance.. I'm not insisting on 'organic blah blah' but it does worry me a bit about what i'm eating. But like Wino says: if people enjoy it, with no ill effects.. then hey, you can't knock it i suppose

Oh don?t be so precious you lot. Yeah Sunday buffets are an opportunity to use up the food that is on its way out and they are only a step above canteen food but what?s wrong with that? It is all reflected in the price. They?re fun and cheap not fine dining.

I've had a few of them and personally I rate the Dulwich Tandoori the highest. I also disagree that the food quality is compromised, at the Dully T the food was as good as when I have been there for a proper meal. I reckon that through the mass production of curries in big vats they reduce the average production cost per customer and so still turn over a decent profit. Economy of scale basically.