Any interesting hobbies for Girls?!

jennyh

I have noticed that there are loads of football, rugby and running clubs but nothing that inspires me as a girl, does anyone know if there are activities groups for women that are flexible and cheap? I cant afford to join a gym but fancy getting fit before the summer and meeting a few local people.

Dear Jennyh,

Start a blog! I can thoroughly recommend it. I was watching The Bill, Eastenders, Coronation Street, Holby City and Bad Girls, and now I have a hobby! Start a blog and I will give you a link. It is the best fun. You have a computer, you don't need to buy any special boots, sticky back plastic or even leave your house...

DM

I love it! sad thing is that i dont have enough interesting stuff to babble on about, desperately need to do some exercise and feel a bit more alive, sick of the fact my boyfriend plays football, runs, rides his bike etc....need to join some more clubs i think - tv soap club might be the winner

I will have a think! Problem is that until recently i worked for a magazine and had blogs and writing shoved down my throat for a while...although an insight into the devil wears prada life could be interesting...

meanwhile, anyone doing sport let me know!

Hi Jenny,

I play korfball - it's a mixed team sport with similarities to netball and basketball but better than both those! That's the good news. The bad news is that our season has just ended. However, we'll be doing a demo/try out session at the Green Fair in Dulwich Park on 20th May. Bring your boyfriend along too and try it out - you never know you might get hooked and come along when training starts again in September.

x

Jenny I am a member of the Dulwich Paranormal Club, and we go out twice a week in and around Dulwich. We gain access to old buildings and we all have cameras and other equipment. It is exclusively female thus far, and there are 32 people so far with age ranges from 18 upto 64.

Mark the Dulwich Paranormal Club has been around for years! We used to meet up in Dulwich Park on a sunday evening, but this all stopped about 4 years ago now. I've been going to meetings for a long time, we often meet up in Dulwich Library for group sessions with guest mediums, but the most interesting aspect is when we do our walks and investigations! We quite regularly can be seen walking around Dulwich Common, love investigating the woods, there are some very old spooky buildings up there. Being a tech savvy poltergeist isnt easy mockney, it takes me ages to gain enough energy to type!

Jennyh, there used to be a gym in the basement of my building just opposite Sydenham station. It would seem that it's going to reopen as a women's gym... Don't know if this is the sort of thing you're interested in, and have no idea yet what it'll cost, but will gees my eye out. Mrs Keef said she's going to try it when it opens, so I'll see what she thinks...