possible witnesses of an attack on friday night....

JayOrigin

hi there, I'm appealing on behalf of three of my friends who were attack outside budgens on lordship lane at around 12.30am on friday night. They were approached by two men who tried to steal my friends bike and then attacked them with bottles and punches. My housemate is now in Kings hospital undergoing a second operation to reattach his jaw to his skull with metal plates after being hit in the face with a bottle. luckily the bottle didn't break. my other two friends recieved blow and cuts to the head. sorry if I'm being rather graphic, but it was an horrific attack and after seing my friend in hospital for the last two days i feel it my duty to appeal for any witnesses to come forward and help punish the aggressors. to put your minds at rest a little the two attackers were caught and arrested and the bike recovered, but to help aid the case i implore anyone who may have seen anything to contact me and I'll pass on the details of the relevant police stations (strangely not east dulwich).

lordship lane is extremely busy at that time of night and I'm told that a lot of people were around at the time so i hopethat this may encourage people to help take a stand and attempt to make East dulwich a safer place to be.

You can reply to the forum or my email [email protected]

Thanks,

Jay

Hi Jay

I'm really sorry to hear about your friends, and alas I did not see anything. Mr MW74 and I were down on LL Last night walking back from Dulwich Village after watching the rugby at the Dog and Vom, and we were amazed at how bloody heaving LL was. We have never ever seen it so packed. It was we said, quite disturbing. Everyone really hammered.

On route to the gym on Sat am I saw broken glass all over the pavement outside the Bishop, upturned tables and chairs and torn clothing?....it seems LL dispite being busy as you say of an evening, is actually quite a rough place to be.

I hope your mates get better soon.

By all accounts, these guys were out for trouble that evening, apparently one of them was wearing a thick leather glove on his right hand. Not sure what it means! I don't think the situation was a result of a post match drink up, but thanks for the kind wishes

There is a change in the demographic of LL at weekends - Ive comented on this ebfore, but you will find groups of rought n tumble white males trekking to LL for the " posh totty" on offer - dito, you will alos see an increasing number of visting cacking girls groups who are not locals, power drinking until the early hours

snotty arrogant gradutaes with ironic T shirts vs. leathered Working class males in groups = bother

go to Clapham or Hoxton and see it in action.

( no reflection on original posters appeal BTW )

expect more of the Friday night action as the lane gets busier.

more fighting

more litter

more broken glass

more puke

more cop cars

more ambulances

more disturbances

it is of course a licence to print money for the publicans, so they will keep schtum about the fallout from such expansion

this, sadly, is part of the baggage you get with living in such a vibrant and trendy part of London - and not something most people consider when they move here.

it makes you nostagic for the simple open thuggery of Kings on the Rye

'Shocking' attack after night out with mates

(taken from http://icsouthlondon.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/0200southlondonheadlines/tm_headline=shocking-attack-after-night-out-with-mates&method=full&objectid=19973260&siteid=50100-name_page.html)

Oct 19 2007

A MAN was left with "shocking" injuries when he was assaulted after a night out with mates.

The 31-year-old was attacked outside Budgens supermarket on Lordship Lane, Dulwich, shortly after midnight on Friday.

Cops say he was about to go home when he was set upon and his jaw broken. James Pyemont from Southwark CID said: "This was a horrendous assault - the X-ray of the victim's injury is truly shocking.

"There were many potential witnesses in the area at the time. I urge anyone who saw the incident to come forward and assist.

"It is vital that members of the public work alongside the police to curb such violent and antisocial behaviour.We must work together to make the streets of London safer.

Anyone with any information is asked to call Southwark CID on 020 7232 6166 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

The thick leather glove or a single golf glove usually 'nike' is a sign that says hey " I have got a gun, my aunt has a gun, or a mate of mine knows someone who knows someone who has a gun, I could get hold of it, if I just nip home and then come back. And with my glove on I will not leave any finger prints" ! or " I have no gun just a golfing glove" " or "I love golf and have left my clubs at home "

Either way it basically means I am really a bit of a tool, and I don't think the other guys/girls that I am with have figured it out yet.