Local Characters - guy with hat

Does anyone know the odd couple who stand together by the roundabout end of LL, I believe they are a couple, anyhow the guy is black and quite tubby, and he usually wears a trilby style hat, he can often be seen walking up and down the lane either talking to himself or random passers by, often stands at bus stop outside seacow... I think the proposed statue on the roundabout should be of him and his bizarre lady friend, they are such characters. Anyone know who I am refering to here?

I've seen them around.

Does anyone remember the tall balding black guy with the long coat who used to hang around outside 7 - 11 and tell anyone passing to lend him a pound.... It was said in such a fluent, well practiced way, that it sort of went "lemyapound". He hasn't been seen in Dulwich for years, but I believe he's now plying his trade in Camberwell.

Also, who could forget the tall "White woman"? Now she was pretty scary (6)

I remember the "White Woman", she scared hell of out me on many ocassions. She often frequented the health and beauty store next to Yilmaz Kebab. I was told many years ago she was attacked by a man, and ever since she started wearing white clothing and white face pants.... again very bizarre...

That "white woman" i knew her. She was certifiable and locked up.

The black couple louisa is referring to have some sort of mental disorder, not sure which though. They come into our stores all the time very briefly and are harmless.

I too heard the story of the White Woman being attacked, but could have just been urban legend... Anyway, according to a CPN that I know, she is now sorted, and living happily without the old look, so that's good :-)

The legend of thr White Woman (Or the White Woman of Camberwell to give her her full title) as I heard it was that she was to be married and was kilted at the altar......... became ill after that. She used to live just off Lyndhurst Grove but dunno where she is now.......

There is a fair few "interesting" characters in ED. The chap with the "Super" hair who runs the DIY shop opposite the station and frequents the Vale and EDT is a good un!

I do mean him! He has of course been around for a good long while - used to drink in the Wishing Well too!

I think I love him!

Whilst we are on the subject, there is another woman who dresses all in the same colour (differng each days) and looks like she has just come back from Ascot in about 1984!

Anyone see / know / admit to being her?

There's 2 guys who sit in Dulwich Park (near the gallery gates) in black tie and top hats, watching cricket on a portable TV hooked up to the power in their car.

The first time I saw them, I asked them what they were doing and they said they were on their way to a wedding later that day.

However, I've seen them a few times since. Very odd. Anyone know anything about them?

Anyone seen the cross dresser with most amazing legs in stilletoes.Wears see through clothes and a thong to match lol.The guy part wears a vest, even in the winter and waxes.But the most amazing legs,he/she cycled past me 1 day and got wolf whisteld by a group of builders.

The cross dresser person you are refering to is know in local circles as "Bill on the hill" (he lives in a flat top of dog kennel hill) and he regularly dresses up as a female when it takes his fancy. Other times he can be seen wandering around in a bulletproof vest with a long black leather jacket pretending to be a ganster of some description. He claims to know the Richardson and Kray brothers, although I doubt his sencerity.

Has nobody encountered the crazy whistling man who directs traffic and threatens to punch you if you dont drive in the direction he tells you to? He came into the Bishop once ordered a pint and then walked into the street and got really angry with the drivers turing left onto lordship lane when he was directing them right; despite the end of East Dulwich Grove being NO RIGHT TURN!

He even came into where I work and threatened to punch me in my jaw because I was watching him standing in the street whistling at cars. Lucky my boss came and saved me.

Wow the woman in whate dates back over 20 years ago as I have been in dulwich since a child and I am in 40's and I remember her from child hood..heard story of her being molested so took to wearing white...she never troubled any one but most of all I remember her wearing white knickeres over her white leggings...wonder what rreaklly happened to her to turn her or what has really happened to her since...anyone see the old guy who looks like leather whod rides his bike with a long coat on..apparently owns a house off Adys RD and has a camp in a coal bunker in woods off Lordship Lane..the couple outside Sea Cow always say hello to me and one time I had to try and recollect if I actually knew them from somewhere as they seemed so friendly!!!!!!.yep we sure do have some characters round here

the guy with the helmet syle hair works in terry`s diy in grove vale also drinks in the vale....as for the old lady

who shouts and swears has anyone seen or heard her lately ? heard her ranting away at 3am one morning

out side dulwich garden centre

What about the large green worm that wriggles up and down the sewers under Lordship Lane, emeging only to devour local children and pick up a late from Nero? It can nonetheless be detected by a strange sulphurous stench, a distinctive whizzy-whirring sound and a tremor underfoot. I haven't seen it for ages, not since I started getting the injections.

Crash the same guy asked me who i was looking at thinking i was looking at him and i told him i was shortsighted he leaves me alone now,the same guy had a run in with a friend of mine and the guy ended up with a sore ear.