Tenuous Links

waynetta

Am friends with the guy who made Mr Blooby, did nurse training with a girl who's sister was married to Terry Hall and another who went out with the other Kevin in Dexy's Midnight Runners she then went out with Kevin Rolands. One of my greataunts is godmother to one of mannfred mann not sure which one, could carry on

I used to work in a popular gallery in the West End. I once directed Alan Rickman to the gallery's bookshop. On another occasion, I was in the foyer when a lady who collected prints was talking to the receptionist. She turned out to be Gene Hackman's wife. He was lurking in the background trying to remain inconspicuous.

To be honest, I am, or was, quite intimidated by celebrity. So much so that I passed up a chance to chat to Pete Townsend at an event organised by the same gallery. Mind you, I did say hello to Dennis Healey once as we passed in the doorway to the gallery and he gave me a cheery hello in response.

Hand on heart Giggi no googling.

AJM, I used to unsuccessfully stalk Pete Townsend, their Ramport studio was in the road I lived in in Battersea, and I would always buzz the intercom when I was passing in the small hours.

I would get various replies when enquiring as to whether PT was on the premises ranging from 'f*ck off' to one amiable cove inviting me in to share a share a beer on a few occasions.

According to him Pete was a 'right moody sod', so perhaps better all round this excitable fanboy didn't get to meet him.

1. A friend of mine used to be Jenny Agutter's housekeeper.

2. Have sat either next to (or very close to) Sandy Gall on a plane 3 times.

3. Have sat right behind Felicity Kendal at the theatre.

4. Bumped into Heather Mills in John Lewis.

5. Bumped into Susan Hampshire at a theatre bar.

6. Sat next to Aswad at Warsaw Airport, and then sat behind them on plane.

It was a kids TV programme in the late seventies where a bunch of kids hung out on a double decker bus. I was pretty young at the time but I do vagulely remember it and remember they were always saying he used to be in it when Aswad was played on the radio.

Jenny Agutter lives down the road from my kid's school in Camberwell so I sometimes see her after I've dropped the kids off. A few doors away lives Justin Webb of Radio 4's The Today Programme. Is this the closest thing our 'hood has to Stella Street?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIot-vgqJBA

Incidentally, I shared a bus with John Sessions going up Dog Kennel Hill a couple of years ago.