> firmly in UK territory. :)

>

> I hope everyone reads at least the "fair dealing"

> summary that it links to, as I feel there's a lot

> of misunderstanding here. In my unauthoritative

> opinion, JR or anyone is fully justified in using

> any words we've writ here, without our permission,

> if s/he wants to perform research or produce any

> analytic or critical review or commentary thereon.

> And an absolutely vital and necessary provision

> that is.

>

> Notwitstanding that right of fair dealing, each of

> us retains the copyright in our own wordy

> emissions. Not even the forum admins have the

> right to assign copyright in them to, or license

> their use by, anyone else.

>

> If JR's product turns out to be wonderful, we can

> quote and extol it. If rubbishy, we can quote and

> ridicule it. If it grossly misrepresents, we can

> seek correction and complain to its publisher

> and/or any relevant regulatory body. If it

> defames any of us, we can spend our life savings

> on seeking redress through the courts, and ask

> that JR be banned from the forum. And if it

> doesn't appear at all, we can be very very rude to

> him.

>

> BTW, whatever happened to investigative

> journalism?

This is a good post, and considerably more well-informed than most inn the last page or so.

People, even if you read my article and reckon it's all a load of rubbish, maybe this has at least prompted you to have a think about how public anything you post on the internet is. I'm frequently surprised about just how naive and unrealistic many people are when it comes to their beliefs about what 'rights' they have in relation to their postings and in their expectations when it comes to privacy.

Someone said something about this being a 'private forum open to the public'... you what!?

jrussel Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

>

> Someone said something about this being a 'private

> forum open to the public'... you what!?

Indeed, it is a privately-owned forum, and you have been extended the courtesy of being admitted to it by the owner. The owner expects those invited to his party at his house to behave respectfully and courteously while in his home and drinking his wine (even if some of it is from wine boxes).

His Terms of Use are really very fair (compared to some), and his behaviour as host I can only describe as impeccable, far more generous and reasonable than that of one or two site owners not a million miles from ED (who would probably have murdered jrussel not long after birth).

I secretly suspect the man behind jrussel isn?t too far away from the man he created as jrussel i.e the real jrussel is an aspiring journalist who is a cross between Jeremy Clarkson/Donal MacIntyre and Jeremy Kylie in terms of intelligence, daring-do and incisive wit .

Will be very surprised if you turn out to be a post-menopausal retired post-mistress - out of interest will we be getting a low down on who the real jrussel is in the article?

Everyone please leave the man/woman alone.....jrussell is not the only troll on here. I suspect that most people posting day in and out on this site are trolls themselves. If you're worried about being exposed for posting nonsensical viewpoints, don't do it, even under a nom de plume of apparent innocence!

I was not referring to you...in fact I thought your post was one of the most credible.

dullified Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I didn't say there was anything wrong with Jeremy

> Clarkson/Donal MacIntyre and Jeremy Kylie did I!

> Read my post carefully! That's you opinion if you

> don't find the said trio full of intelligence,

> daring-do and incisive wit.

Wow, I read the first page of this a couple of days ago, and it's gone a wee bit mental since then. People do care about the strangest things. You type a load of stuff on a forum that is viewable by anyone with an internet connection, but then you worry if someone might write about it. Why put it out there in the first place?

I still think this whole thread is a super wind up.

I've never been able to take this chap seriously, as the name is also the alter ego of a mate of mine who uses it to wind up and strongly influence Those Who Must Be Obeyed. Which has on occasion led to situations of hand-on-knee by said TWMBO. I see the name and I just guffaw at the memory of those encounters. Now that's trolling in style.

Oi shut up you lot, this is our (by which I of course mean my) big chance to get quoted in the national press as part of a major investigation into arsing-about on message boards, so don't be pissing on 'Scoop' Russell's chips like this.

Some of us want to live the dream I'll have you know.