Great Gigs

Keef

Scariest was a Rock against Racism gig at Brixton Town Hall (79/80). I can?t recall any of the acts but they were mostly Punk bands.

Everything was going well when it suddenly all kicked off. Lots of shouting and swearing, bottles thrown, blood and vomit.

Philistine Keef, did you just "boo" the Pixies.

Skunk Anansie is indeed playing Brixton in November. Sold out but I can get you tickets if you want.

I met Skin once. She was very nice. Not as nice as Frank Black though (probably; I haven't met him).

I'm very excited about the Pixies coming back to Brixton. I had hoped they would do a warm up for the Isle of Wight but 4 nights in Brixton is even better!

• 2 weeks later...

Never expected him to, if anyone was going to drag it up, it would be a Gallagher brother. Not saying they did, but Noel was still going on about it in a recent interview I saw with him.

What made me laugh was how he was saying "we won the battle, his band is finished, my band are still going". What he seemed to fail to see, was that Damon had gone on to do, and have success, with totally different prjects, before bringing blur back to massive fanfare, all whilst Oasis were playing the same stuff as they were in the mid 90s.

That said, they do great rock n' roll, and I'd like to see them live.

(was always a blur boy back in the day though)

Not seen Oasis live, but seen plenty of footage. Would imagine that Oasis would do the more energetic / exciting show. For music, and each song sounding a bit different though, I'd choose blur every time. That's my beef with Oasis, it's just a lot of the same IMO.

Keef Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sorry, to clarify, I meant the music being more

> energetic, rather than the band. Oasis have never

> been beig movers on stage have they.

No, you'd think Liam was stapled to his microphone. As for the music, I guess Blur have more slow reflective type ones than Oasis, the The Universal etc, but then Oasis have nothing to touch Song 2 for energy.

To be honest, I like them both, just if forced to pick one over the other, I'd go for Blur for the variety.

• 1 month later...
GG dilemma! Have historically been indifferent to the Arctic Monkeys but they're playing Brixton this week and there's a strong rumour the support will be a new band - Them Crooked Vultures. I'm desperate to see TCVs. I loathe the term "supergroup" but I reckon this one will truly rock. What to do? If I go and it's just the Arctic Monkeys I?d rather not subject myself to Brixton Academy.

I've thought about just leaving after the support BUT what if they're "special guests" rather than support. Thinking about it, that's a more likely bet. I don't want to find myself heading south on the 37 bus whilst the band I actually want to see still has it's feet up backstage.

Yes they are jumped up aren't they Keef. My shot is lousy though so throwing things isn't good advice. Sorry.

AAAAaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggg

Very frustrated about tonight. It's STILL only a rumour (albeit a strong one) that Them Crooked Vultures will support Arctic Monkeys tonight at Brixton.

I have two tickets waiting for me to collect but haven't invited anyone along yet. If anyone from the forum wants to come tonight then please PM me (free tickets - no charge). You'll need to be able to get to Brixton by 7pm.

There is the prospect of actually seeing a member of Led Zeppelin support a group of cnuts like the Arctic Monkeys. If it doesn't happen then you'll need to buy me a large vodka.