Spring babies club (due in March, April, May 2011)

Hi everyone.

Wow, really pleased to have found this thread. I'm Sue, due 1st April with my first. Can't believe I just missed out on seeing everyone last Friday and was bloody in at home - so could have made it. Was also at the NCT sale on the Saturday!

Am definitely intersted in the next meet up. I'm not on Mat leave till March 18th, but am a teacher if anyone is around next week in half term or any weekend, let me know. Really fancy checking out the electrical coffee place opposite Peckham Rye Park or the new little coffee deli on Belenden Rd. Or, the Montpellier (but depressing can't drink!!).

Anyone going to the baby show this Saturday?

Hope to hear from you. Am about to join the group on facebook too!

Sue x

Hi ladies

I hope you all had a lovely time on your evening out last Friday. I look forward to meeting some of you at the next one.

We went on our tour of the Kings labour ward last night and I recommend it for anyone who hasn't yet been. Although it is quite scary contemplating the reality of giving birth and taking home your baby, it was great to have a look round and see what the facilities are really like. Mr Mo is now planning the cd compilations he can make for me for relaxation purposes.

J-Mo

Hi everyone,

Just found this thread. I'm hopefully moving to the area at the beginning of April and my 1st baby in due 2nd May so fingers crossed the house move all goes through. It's great to hear that Kings labour ward looks good as I'm thinking of transfering there or to Lewisham. I am working till the end of April but would love to meet up in the evening.

Sue, I'm going to the baby show on Saturday, fingers crossed there will be some good bargains about.

Jen x

Hello Sue,

I'm up for meeting one morning this week if you're still organising. Thursday or Friday at the electrical coffee place best for me. Also wondering if any other spring baby forumites are in Forest Hill? I'm due on April 12, taking leave from the end of March and getting a bit nervous about the long months ahead home if not alone.

Jennie, I'm going to yoga with Linda above the Health Matters shop on Wednesday mornings. The classes are small. I haven't been to other pregnancy yoga classes so can't compare, but I always come away feeling quite nice afterwards. It's very gentle exercise, relaxation and exercises to raise stamina in preparation for labour. Maybe it might be worth a visit when you do go on leave.

Trishx

Hi Trish

I'm up for a meet up with you and open to anyone else who wants to join us.

How about the electrical coffee place like mentioned above, this Friday (25th Feb) at 2pm? Coffee and a big slice of cake!!

I'll PM you as well - try and PM me back to say you'll be there (or if you need to change the time). Don't want to leave my mobile no as open forum and might be bombarded by telesales!

Hope to see you (and anyone else that fancies it) on Friday!

Sue x

Hello,

Is this Friday coffee afternoon still on? I am due my first child on 5th April and would like to meet other Mum's to meet up with for coffee's or playdates with baby, let me know if it is still on, I have work getting done on flat that day but hopefully it would be finished early enough to pop along.

Jenni

Hi Jenni

Yes, I'm still up for it - 2pm at electrical coffee shop opposite Peckham Rye park. Hopefully Trish (Meathgirl) will come back on and also come. My friend Harriet from my NCT group may also come along too.

Post back if you're not going to make it as don't want to be sitting there on my own!!

I'll be the one with the bump!!

Looking forward to meeting you.

Sue x

oh so wish I could make it on Friday as not been able to make it to the drinks and starting to feel so tired at the end of the day especially as my 14 month old has decided he wants to walk everywhere!

Will keep my eye out on the thread for another day time get together.

I'm due on the 15th May and will start maternity leave from 6th April, and from next week will be working Mon, Tues and Wed - so could do any future Friday meet ups.

J

I'm glad you said that Paps, I have noticed recently that I am getting really tired! Looking after a toddler and being pregnant is not a good combination! I found it easier working and being pregnant..... although how you manage working, being pregnant and having a toddler!!!

"I" is not walking yet and I find chasing after her and having to continuously pick her up / carry her really hard work - Thought I was just being pathetic!!

Ive got a date BTW number 2 is coming into the world on the 3rd May - bit later than I expected but lovely having the certainty of a date! Just hope he doesnt decide he want's out earlier than that!!

Cx

Snowboarder we have twins! I had a little boy arrive yesterday morning (28th Feb) too. If you were at Kings around 10-11 am you might have seen me crawling through the hospital reception on my hands and knees screaming like a madwoman!

Are there any Mums to be that are on maternity leave already and fancy a lunch or coffee this week? I'm in week 39 and the weather is great so thought I'll just see if anyone else fancies a little chat whilst waiting for the big day...

I still have four weeks left to go at work - otherwise would love to meet up for coffee/lunch! Starting to wish I'd arranged more maternity leave....

If anyone fancies another meet up on a Friday night though, do let me know - it was lovely to meet everyone last time. Happy to go back to the Montpelier again - can anyone make 18th March at 7pm?