Summer babies club (due June, July, August 2011)

hello all!!

I'm really gutted because I was doing Thurday night yoga at Kings for a few weeks and had to jump ship last week to do antenatal classes at the Magnolia pub on Lordship lane (www.sofiejacobs.com) but not too gutted as the class is very good if your a 1st timer like me Sophie covers all options from natural birth to hopsital birth and I think she said has another class after this one.

I'm now 27 weeks there are so many people on here now I can't keep track of all the names i have terrible baby brain and am even forgetting why I'm even on here!!

I am absolutely up for meeting up for tea on a saturday so Yak I will PM you my e-mail do you do them on a saturday as im still at work until May 15th!! I am also happy to hold a tea day at mine i live at the top of Peckam Rye park it would be a great way meet new people to share the ''wonderful'' ahem(hemoroids, can't breathe, crying, poo, sick, crying) stories that we will/are going through and maybe wander over the park for a stroll.

Mirabelle and Audrey I will be at yoga at kings on wednesday so be lovely to meet you both then although i may have met you both on a thursday over last few weeks?, the reason my name on here is face is because my other half says my face is really large (which before i was pregnant i found funny now i want to punch him) so hopefully you will recognise me!!

Hi Yak! and hello again Ruth - well behaved newborns?? does that exist? bring your toddler along, the more the merrier!

Audrey - of course, I spoke to you! sorry, I'm terrible at remembering names... I was on the back row too, not right next to you, but the next one along! yes she really got into the chanting thing this week... I didn't notice the Thursday night class, might check it out as well.

I look forward to meeting you next wednesday face!

I'll be working til early july (sigh) so a get together on a Saturday would be better for me too.

I'm currently juggling being a full time stay at home mummy to my 15mth old son with my new freelance design business. I'm around all week and generally up for walks in the park etc but do find meeting other adults for sensible conversation is so much easier when my little one's at home with his dad! So Saturday get togethers sound good to me.

After considerable procrastination about the NCT refresher 'thing' I've signed up to the one in Herne Hill in June.

Congrats on your news of a little sister for S Ruth. We've another little boy on the way. I'm just hoping this one is a little bit more chilled than his older brother!

Px

Brilliant!

Just to be clear Yak (Hello!) is organising the "Teas" and I'll stay on the case for summer mother newbies. I am thinking of Saturday 2nd April at the moment, and absolutely all welcome. Certainly my partner is keen to meet other dads to be and to get as involved as he needs to but what do people think - maybe make the first one a girls event??

And it seems like most of us have already met which is fab, and I am having a huge attack of pregnancy brain today for some reason, it was a struggle!

I'm actually on study leave tomorrow if anyone wants to meed for a quick coffee?

Hi, I am having my second, due 18th august. I have a lovely lively little 27 month old son. I would love to meet up. Im at work mon & tues,but free the rest of the week.

Princess- I am doing the nct refresher in herne hill in june, so possibly we are on the same course.

Last time i did yoga classes at soup dragon which were great, but theyre during the day, so no good if still working.

x carrie

Saturdays are good for me and Saturday 2 April is looking like it's free so that would be fine by me.

I've no objection to dads/partners coming if they want, especially if it makes it easier for people re childcare arrangements or whatever, although I'm fairly certain mine won't be coming along any time soon, he's rampantly antisocial.

Hello all,

Love to meet up with all on the 2nd April. Does anyone know of another session by session yoga classes around except the Jags one. I am trying Jags this Monday but was hoping to try another one before I decide which one to attend. The dulwich therapy room charge a bit more than I am willing to pay, for the evening sessions. The only ones that match my desired price are those that I cannot attend, morning sessions. Are there other exercise classes as well, other than yoga i.e a pregnant women's walking club or something like that. I find it hard keeping up with any exercises at the moment and would like some like 'big bellied' supporters.

Reneet - I'm pretty sure you can buy a 'taster' for sitaram, before you sign up to the 8 classes for ?88 (or similar). Try their website, I think you have to register.

I dont know of any other exercise classes other than the ones posted about previously, but it shouldn't be too hard to start a 'waddling gang' can it??!! Now that the evenings are lighter, helps those of us still working.

Really pleased theres lots of us around to meet on 2nd. Again, all welcome, and I'll have a think about a suitable venue and post details nearer the time. Maybe the Recreation Ground in Camberwell as its usually very empty and I think we have over 10 people interested which is fab.

Axx

Audrey thank you for organizing a place to meet up, I can't wait but I have to say that after being a nanny for 5 years and now being a teacher I still don't feel like I belong if you know what I mean! It will take a while to feel like I have jumped to the other side of the fence!! :-)

btw do I have to be a member to attend classes at Jags? Gxx

Nevermind I just rang them and one can just turn up and pay ?8.50 per class, will try it on tuesday!.

Reneet there are Brockwell Park Lido classes on Sundays at 4.00 and 5.30. You don't have to book, just turn up: it costs ?8 to members and ?10 for non-members (although I'm a member and the lady didn't ask to see my membership card when I paid after the class!)

I went last week and I really enjoyed it, will be going back tomorrow. There's also a Wednesday afternoon class at Brockwell Lido at 3pm (bit of an odd time but there you go).

See website here: http://www.fusion-lifestyle.com/centres/Brockwell_Lido/activity/Yoga (details of all classes are on downloadable .pdf on right hand side of page)

On edit: you DO have to book for the 5.30 class, but the 4pm one is a drop-in class.

Thanks Kapaxiana your post got me to check what exactly I have book for Monday and its not yoga but leg, bums and pregnant tums which should be interesting. Maybe I should try Yoga as well to see which one suits best.

If you're looking for a good class there's one in St Barnabus Church Hall in Dulwich Village on Thurs 6.30-8.30. You book it through the Sitaram Partnership. I thought the teacher Jo and the class were brilliant and went up until the week before having my second last June.

Good luck!

Hi All,

My baby is due on the 22nd July. I've booked into the NCT classes but we chose an intensive weekend course at end of June to accommodate our work schedules. Lets hope baby isnt early! So, it's great that this thread was set up as I dont imagine I'll make local new mum mates on my intensive course (which is based in Brixton).

With regards to the antenatal yoga, I highly recommend Ingrid Lewis, she teaches at The Shala on Clapham High Street but it's worth the journey, she is also a doula and a healer, I've known her for 15 years and her knowledge is endless. The classes have a mix of women from 20 weeks to 34 weeks. This week was my second week, it's a gentle yoga class but I also learnt a lot too. I practise a lot of Yoga and am fairly fit, but this class is sooo right for how I feel and it's lovely to be in an environment where I feel nurtured and can learn from other women who are further in their pregnancy. It's not too hippy, additionally I go with a mate who doesn't do hardly any exercise and she found it right her her too. Ingrids website is http://www.aroundbirth.org/

Hope to meet you all soon and will enjoy reading your posts.

Congratulations to all you Mummies. x

Hi Mums and bumps,

I don't very often come onto this forum so I've only just seen this thread (I'm sure that will all change once I go on maternity leave!) but I just wondered if anyone else was due at the end of May/beginning of June? I'm expecting my first baby and it would be great to meet other Mum's to be in the area! x