Can Camberwell Grove join East Dulwich?

Maurice

I was just a town planners dream in an open ploughed field then!

In Peter Akroyds London he talks about (not exact words) places having a sort of historical genetic make up so that no matter what you do to try and change a place the character remains intact. Camberwell's anarchic character/soul being an example.

The labling of anything in Britain as "third world" (trains, health service etc) is useful shorthand for "I am a bit of an idiot with no sense of perspective, you can safely ignore the rest of this post/ column/ party political broadcast etc"

And to avoid lounging, the answer to the thread question is "no".

I equate pissing in the street, jostling to get on buses, spitting on public transport, dropping food and other litter willy nilly as third-world behaviour. I've seen it in Camberwell and Peckham and in central London and Manchester and Leeds. I've also seen it in China and India. Nero

I had to add a somewhat serious point to this. Your syringe debate shows why I want to move into ED. In a matter of minutes dozens were out debating and those on different sides were rounding up troops off this board who can and will have an impact on a local issue. Whatever your views, ED has leadership for a community voice. Camberwell does not. A few talk ideas and such, but no momentum, no voice, no progress.