Any other hunters in East Dulwich?

Scribe

Scribe Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Pearson, you're about as monosyllabic as

> prehistoric or "early man".

Whereas your actions are simply prehistoric?

What is your problem? yes, i have dyslexia.

It does take me some time to construct a post

I don't think it warrants rude replies like that.

Pi** off

Pearson, in future I will take your impaired literacy into consideration before criticising your spelling. But in return I must ask you to answer a question. How are my actions prehistoric? Man has been using a bow to hunt game throughout history, and still does.

Scribe Wrote:

How are my actions prehistoric?

> Man has been using a bow to hunt game throughout

> history, and still does.

hahaha

I might be 'illiterate' but i'm not thick.

You answered your own question, idiot.

No, I haven't, you imbecile. You can't answer the question for either one or two reasons.

1. You know what you've written is false, as an exercise can only be deemed prehistoric if it hasn't been practiced, for whatever reason, since prehistory. In your reasoning, eating and sex would be seen as prehistoric. A bow is still aknowledged to be a practical and popular instrument to hunt with. Fact.

2. You're too stupid to construct a viable counter-argument.

Please, take all the time you need.

Anyone claiming to 'take big game' whilst not owning a chest freezer is just on a jolly boys outing. I mean when I lived in Oz we kept a half empty freezer just for the 'roos we hit.

Any other hunters in East Dulwich?

If, when you say hunters, you mean trolls. Yes, lots.

That's some fine, baseless supposition you've got going on there, Lawrence.

I have two large freezers in my basement. And, as I've already stated, any meat that I can't fit in those two freezers is given to friends and family to enjoy. No trolling on my part, just a friendly OP that's been willfully misconstrued, so as to fit the agenda of people who oppose hunting. You clearly haven't payed much attention to this thread.

If it weren?t for hunting, we wouldn't be here in the modern world arguing about it. In the event of societal collapse, only those adept at hunting are likely to survive.

There are hundreds of primitive forest-dwelling tribes throughout the tropics that still hunt with bows - without those skills they would have gone extinct thousands of years ago. Not to mention the Eskimo and North American Indian tribes.

My grandfather raised seven kids almost entirely by hunting game (back in the old country). I've never hunted terrestrial animals but I used to go spear-fishing and have harvested many a good meal from the sea.

It's not for me but I don't see anything wrong with Scribe's approach to hunting: it?s a well thought out and humane argument, in my view.

HAL9000 Wrote:

> This thread reminds me of the time I hunted prey

> with the Hirogens in the Delta Quadrant.

>

>Lol Nice One Hal900

But I think I should Put my Predator Costume on and Hunt Scribe...You can Skin Him and ill rip his skull and spine out!.

Scribe Wrote:

> >

> Thank you, Hal 9000, for your considerate and

> unbiased reply. If anything, it's nice to see that

> people with a grain of common sense still exist in

> East Dulwich.

>

> Once again, much obliged.

Scribe just admit you get your rocks off shooting little bunny rabbits!If you really do?.

If you feel that strongly sod off out the country and hunt in the jungle somewhere.

Plus are you that bored that you would start a thread knowing full well that other people would onbject to it?

Attention seeking I suspect on your part?.

It would be a futile to hunt me, Captain Scarlet. I'm too adept at camouflage. Besides, I'd put an arrow in your gut before you even got close enough to "skin me and rip my skull and spine out".

Judging by your self-confessed fantasies of violence, Captain Scarlet, one can only conclude that you harbour issues involving deep, personal anger. I suggest you seek help, before it's too late.

Hunting is a difficult debate and people who grow up in the countryside or on farms definitely have a different relationship to animals and wildlife than us townies. I have a friend who owns a farm in Wales and her pet hate is the mink. It is brutal in the way it hunts and kills it's prey and not for food either (Aquarious seems oblivious to what animals do to other animals - they certainly don't have any grasp of other creatures as being anything but prey).

To me it seems perfectly reasonable to hunt for food in a responsible way. Just because we don't have to (because of plentiful food suppliers who do it for us) doesn't mean a person can't. If anything, I would argue that those who hunt and then eat are far more respectful of the value of the things we eat and where it comes from.

Thank you, DJKQ. Like Hal 9000's reply, it was devoid of the petty bias and gross supposition that has dogged me throughout this thread.

And thank you to the many users on this forum who have contacted me privately to offer their support, and some useful leads, too. Thanks again.

DJKQ - I am not oblivious to what animals do to other animals. That is a different thing entirely.

I'm against what humans do to animals in the name of SPORT.

SCRIBE - I think you have succeeded in what you set out to achieve. You got a good reaction & your thread received lots of response. As for all the private messages of support, so you say, but I cannot imagine many people offering help to somebody who gets a kick out of posting all the gory details of a disgusting hobby and is being rude and disrespectful to regular forum users who have been here longer than you.

Hopefully now you will crawl back under the stone from which you came.

Or better still, re-locate to one of your places on the continent where crossbows are legal.

Then you can happily go hunting with your lethal weapon.

With a bit of luck, somebody will mistake you for a wild boar.

How is hunting an animal that is then eaten afterwards, a sport, Aquarious?

Scribe has been very clear about what he hunts, why and how. I have no idea if he/she is real/ genuine or not but the points being made are exactly the same reasoning used by tribes that hunt for food (and yes they do still exist on remote parts of the globe). There ARE valid reasons for certain types of hunting.

You are an animal extremist Aquariuos and like all extremists, sometimes lack any objective common sense in your debate.

You are entitled to your view of course, but you might find that is you show respect for others views, you may get some back in turn for your own.