Any other hunters in East Dulwich?

Scribe

Aquarius loon, Oooo, boo hoo. Forgive me, I never once suspected that you were so fragile. How dare I contest the opinion of an anonymous entity on an online message board who's been posting on here longer than I have. Such outrage!

Get a grip and get over yourself. I did recieve plenty of support, but I'll grant you, I can't prove it. Although no less than you can prove that you plod around East Dulwich in a pair of plastic shoes. Which is no-doubt a fairytale told by you to strengthen what is clearly a child-like and dangerously naive position.

With any luck, you'll be knocked into your senses by one of those G-Wiz electric vegan-mobiles.

DJKillaQueen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> How is hunting an animal that is then eaten

> afterwards, a sport, Aquarious?

>

> Scribe has been very clear about what he hunts,

> why and how. I have no idea if he/she is real/

> genuine or not but the points being made are

> exactly the same reasoning used by tribes that

> hunt for food (and yes they do still exist on

> remote parts of the globe). There ARE valid

> reasons for certain types of hunting.

>

> You are an animal extremist Aquariuos and like all

> extremists, sometimes lack any objective common

> sense in your debate.

>

> You are entitled to your view of course, but you

> might find that is you show respect for others

> views, you may get some back in turn for your own.

Scribe states on page one, that he isn't interested in clubbing seals because there is no 'sport' in attacking a creature that is immobile. He also enjoys the tracking aspect and gets a spiritual connection from hunting an animal.

He does it for pleasure, not because he is starving & has to eat.

How then is it not a 'sport'? He uses the word himself!

Anyway, what are you having a go at me for? There are plenty of other people posting on this thread who are opposed to his views and have put their point across.

aquarius moon - I respect your position on this subject - however, I don't think your argument is enhanced by targeting the hunter's state of mind - that's a subjective matter beyond the scope of your argument, which, as it stands, relies entirely on your perception of the prey's state of mind.

Since your foundation is already precarious, there's no reason to add another layer of mind reading into the equation.

Although an OP on a public message board must be considered an open invitation to comment by both reader and author alike, I wasn't specifically talking/writing to you at the beginning of this thread. But you've gone out of your way to make it your business, so I'm returning the favour.

Stop being so absurdly precious, not to mention dishonestly evasive, in that you're yet to put forward any reasoned and unemotional views that go towards undermining the legitimate hunting of game with a view to eating said animal. Probably because you don't have any, other than the same, repetitive bleating.

In your own time. But try to make yourself heard some time this year, if that's not too much to ask.

HAL9000 Wrote:

> aquarius moon - I respect your position on this

> subject - however, I don't think your argument is

> enhanced by targeting the hunter's state of mind -

> that's a subjective matter beyond the scope of

> your argument, which, as it stands, relies

> entirely on your perception of the prey's state of

> mind.

>

> Since your foundation is already precarious,

> there's no reason to add another layer of mind

> reading into the equation.

I don't know where you get the 'mind reading' from. I simply quoted his own comments about how he felt, from his previous posts. Maybe you haven't read the earlier ones.

He also enjoys the tracking aspect and gets a spiritual connection from hunting an animal.

But this is not sport. This is ritual, not disimilar to the spiritual relationship between man and animal expressed by the writings and art of many civilisations and tribes. It gives meaning to the act of hunting beyond just coldly killing a animal for dinner.

And you also seem to think that we as human are somehow not animals too. We are as much a part of the food chain as any animal. We are now just more able to protect ourselves from our predators - but it wasn't always that way.

He does it for pleasure, not because he is starving & has to eat.

Some would argue there is merit in killing your own food rather than expecting someone else to do it for you so that you can buy it off a shelf, and given how polluted and 'manufactured' processed meat is for example there are lots of very good reasons for killing your own I would say. How often have you seen people fawn over cute little lambs only to see them eating lamb for Sunday roast a few days later. It's one of the things that amuses farmers about townies most......

Back to my friend who has a farm in Wales. If a mink gets into the chicken coups...it kills everything, ripping them to bits far worse than any dog or fox would. So they shoot any minks that start to hang around. It's the mink or the chickens. What choice would you make Aquarious?

So ... basically we've established there are er, no other hunters in east dulwich (unless we're counting the wellies that you could only get in green or erm, blue, before kate moss wore them to a festival once and now everyone wears in all manner of pretty colours, with fleece linings too)

I'm suggesting that it doesn't matter how the hunter 'feels' - evolution has wired the human brain to experience pleasure when pursuing various survival strategies - one of which is hunting. What is important is that modern man hunts according to an ethical code - which is the case here.

Regarding the mind reading: your entire argument, as it appears to me, is based on your perception of what prey animals might be thinking, for example, that they are capable of foreseeing their fate and fearing the consequences. I have seen no evidence that any prey animal is capable of that level of consciousness. Prey animals being the subject of this discussion.

What's "BS", and how have you come to the conclusion that there are no other hunters in East Dulwich, Katie? Surely only a small minority of those who live in East Dulwich know this board exists, thus their views or hunting activities remain unaccounted for.

DJKQ - I have nothing against your friend trying to protect his chickens, although me personally, I'd try to re-inforce the chicken coop rather than kill the mink. That's not to say I don't agree with you, but Scribes argument is a different thing entirely. He is taking pleasure from killing an animal using an inhumane method of doing so.

And for your information, I'm not a 'townie'. I was born and raised in the countryside.

Shooting, hunting, farming animals, was all around me & part of everyday life.

I remember as a child viewing the barbaric monsters that called themselves huntsmen, parading through our village on their horses, like royalty, then the poor foxes tearing through our garden being pursued by a pack of bloodthirsty hounds.

I remember making friends with lambs & pigs, only for them to disappear & being too young & naive to realise where they had gone.

I saw dead pheasants, wood pigeons, squirrels, deer & badgers, shot for meat, sport, who knows?

Growing up amongst the cruelty and witnessing it, is the reason I turned against it, and gave me the views that I have now.

Scribe Wrote:

> What's "BS", and how have you come to the

> conclusion that there are no other hunters in East

> Dulwich, Katie? Surely only a small minority of

> those who live in East Dulwich know this board

> exists, thus their views or hunting activities

> remain unaccounted for.

Oh-kay, you're right, there must be a lot of genuine people with good knowledge of the subject out there who are unaware of the EDF's existence. If only they'd join the EDF...we might have had an answer sooner than 4 pages in. Perhaps I was too hasty with my conclusion?

The main point being..If Scribe Is serious about his hunting...Why post on a community based forum?

why not use the many hunting forums which are on the internet?.some which cover South London!.

we could argue untill the cows come home about the merit of hunting...Is he not suprised that his getting negative comments?.

If he was starving in the wilderness and having to hunt to sustain his life fair enouth...but to go hunting just for fun.

Nahhhhh I think you are the one scribe with deep seated issues old chum!.

The reality is, he's a fantasist, oh don't get me wrong I've no doubt he pops a few rabbits/pigeons off with his.22 air rifle. BUT stalking a deer with a bow, successfully ? not very often I'd think, if ever.

Though give him his due, it isn't the easiest approach to game hunting. He's out there, on the ledge of out there.

I'm not against it in principle, I'm from the country and I do eat a considerable amount of game. I don't though doubt his enjoyment, it is physically exhilarating, almost primal at the point of release to kill I understand. And if he eats all he kills,then that in it's self is admirable as a stance. After all if you eat meat, the beast must die. All meat doesn't start off in a polystyrene tray and no matter how we like to sanitise the product ( have you ever been to an abattoir, I have ) it once lived, flesh & blood, skin& bone, though most of us don't have the stomach for the visceral reality of it, the guts, the stench. ( and it is the stench that stays with you )

What people think of him as a person is another subject, is he a troll, a flamer? I don't know but he's certainly ruffled a few feathers as well he knew he would.

Nette.(tu)

Yet more, utterly baseless supposition. Just because an opinion is widely held, Annette, that doesn't mean it's fact. And why are you so unwilling to accept that I hunt game with a bow or a crossbow abroad? If you were actually concerned about finding the answer, and visited some of the online sites and communities, you'd find that there are literally thousands of bow hunters that travel to the EU to hunt game with the intent of harvesting the meat for their own consumption. But, seeing as you've proved time and time again on this thread that you are completely incapable of accepting fact, and instead insist that this is some sort of wind-up, you'll just fall back on the same, tired argument and stick your fingers in your ears.

And another thing. Are you even remotely capable of coherently structuring a basic sentence without it straying all over the page?