Recommendation: Spoiltdog aka Andy

Crack

I would also recommend Andy Jacob. At very short notice, and on Good Friday no less, he came round to look at a curtain pole that had fallen down and taken a load of plaster with it. Holes in the wall are now filled and he?s coming back shortly to put the pole back up now the plaster is dry. Polite, tidy and very reasonably priced. No hesitation in recommending him.

Just had Andy come round to hang a picture on the wall for me - which I was struggling to find someone to do as it's just a little job.

He was super personable and friendly, did the job perfectly and even gave me an option that would leave smaller holes in the wall as we're in a rented place.

He charged a really fair price too. Thanks Andy!

Andy's number is: 07564194363

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We've had Andy round for the last week redecorating our kitchen, which was in great need of some tlc since it was last done 10 years ago. He repainted the walls, ceiling and windows / doors / skirting (also replacing a section of it), and sanded and re-oiled our wooden worktop, resealing around its edges.

At the end of each day he cleaned and tidied up the space, so it never felt like the area was out of bounds which can often be the case with other trades people until they've finished.

He also gave some helpful advice and lent me some of his kit for other diy work i was doing elsewhere in the house.

He was incredibly patient with youngest who seemed to make it her mission to be especially nosy during his visits!

His rates are very reasonable (and he didn't want paying until the job was done), and everything was done to a very high standard. Would recommend.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

W've just had Andy and Steve round to put up a curtain pole and hang a mirror, after hanging a picture for me earlier this year.

Such nice guys, so neat and tidy and super helpful (Andy had to saw some bits off the curtain pole and get a new fixing for it to work for us!), wouldn't hesitate to recommend Andy!

I'd also like to add my huge recommendation for Andy. I found him through recommendations on EDF 3 years ago and he's been my go-to person ever since for everything repair and decorating wise for my flat. He recently did a week's worth of work with a tight timeframe (sanding and repairing kitchen benches, painting, and some general repair works - fixing door handles, a kitchen cabinet and a bathroom towel rail). He worked enormously long days and called in people to help get it done in time. He's incredibly hard-working, reliable and professional, and a really nice guy to boot - and can't recommend him highly enough.

Ooops. I'm Australian of origin and just realised "to boot" doesn't translate the same here in the UK. In Australian "to boot" means "as well/in big addition". Sorry Andy! I meant to say "he's a super nice guy in mega addition" (to all the other positives I said) about him in a professional capacity.

• 2 weeks later...

Andy has been amazing in helping us redecorate our new house and has given us excellent tips for what to do with the ugly ceilings we inherited. He also was able to help with jobs where we were struggling with but hadn?t considered asking for his help. He is unfailingly polite and charming and gets things done quickly and efficiently. He is also trustworthy and was able to continue the work whilst we were away on holiday. We would definitely recommend him for anyone needing a helping hand.

Philip & Venture

• 2 weeks later...
I just wanted to add a recommendation for Andy. He just completed a paint job for us this week. His work was excellent and he was very helpful and trustworthy. He also completed a few other DIY jobs that we needed doing while here - many thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Another recommendation for Andy - he came at short notice to put up some shelves and pictures for us, along with offering some sound advice on how to sort another problem we had. He was extremely friendly, experienced and seemed a very kind and honest person. He cleaned up behind him and his rates were very reasonable, I can't recommend him enough.

Andy - 07564 194363

• 2 weeks later...

Another recommendation for Andy Jacobs.

This is the second time we?ve used him. He came round to fit a new shower screen and new door handles. The screen was tough to fit but Andy was calm and careful to make sure the tiles damaged. He was committed to finishing the job despite it taking longer than anticipated.

He is personable, very tidy and does a great job.

His number is 07564 194363

Highly recommend Andy - for small jobs such as fitting a shower hose to larger jobs such as painting a whole flat. His work is of a fantastic standard, he?s friendly and approachable and his prices are really reasonable. He?s my go-to handyman every time I need something fixing.

Andy has been to our house 3 times to do a variety of jobs from repairing a floor, hanging and shaping doors to hanging high curtains and pictures. He has arrived promptly each time, been polite and friendly to my dog and family and overall very tidy and professional. He is very reasonably priced and didn't charge us more when he needed to come back one day with a different piece of equipment.

I would highly recommend him.

Another recommendation for Andy. I've been using him for years for all my decorating and handyman needs, this time to disconnect and remove a fridge which was wired in which the delivery men couldn't do. No job is too much hassle for him to do and he always does an amazing job at very reasonable rates. I wouldn't use any other handyman in East Dulwich!

His number is 07564 194363 - call him now you won't regret it!

• 3 weeks later...
Hello, I'm chiming in to add a recommendation for Andy, who built me a shed at very short notice when the shed company let me down! He did a great job - the shed is perfect, the work was quick and tidy and high quality. I'm really pleased with the result and am grateful to Andy for his prompt and efficient service!