Football Focus

jenniejenjen10

Tip Top Tottenham Hotspur! Wow what a performance! Could have been 15-1!

Although have to say Chris Kirkland could have made more of an effort with some of those goals. He may not have had a chance with the the power from the Crouch header and Krankjar volley but hell at least appear to try!

Personal conclusions from the weekend

Chelsea looking formidable with decent coverage everywhere

Man U actually played well for maybe the first time this season

Arsenal missing Van Persie too much

Liverpool may be pushing it for any european qualification next year let alone Champions League

...Spurs lucky

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Personal conclusions from the weekend

>

> Chelsea looking formidable with decent coverage

> everywhere

> Man U actually played well for maybe the first

> time this season

> Arsenal missing Van Persie too much

> Liverpool may be pushing it for any european

> qualification next year let alone Champions

> League

>

> ...Spurs lucky

We played well against Chelsea, just didn't get the result, but those are the two best performances this season. Arsenal out of it now? Liverpool must be. Blimey, all over by Christmas? Where have I heard that phrase before?

I don't think you can judge Arsenal after just one game without RvP - more likely our usual post internationsl/November mehness

if we win the game in had we are level points with Man U and superior goal diff - of course that game happens to be Chelsea so we'll see

I don't think we'll do it this year, and the Sunderland result displayed the usual reasons why, but I'm not throwing away a season on teh back of that one result

Remember Zaki who played for Wigan last season? Scored twice at Anfield.

Well I hope FIFA throw the book at him over these comments as to why he will not sign for Portsmouth:

'After Portsmouth signed an Israeli player and also hired an Israeli football director (Avram Grant), a possible move was ruled out. On top of that, no way could I play at Portsmouth with an Algerian within their ranks. After the match between Egypt and Algeria, and what happened on the pitch with Algerian players, it would be a dishonour to play alongside any Algerian.?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1230101/Zaki-cites-Israeli-presence-Fratton-Park-reason-shun.html

Atila Reincarnate Wrote:

> Yeah it wasn't good losing to Sunderland away, but

> it could've been worse, we could have lost to

> Stoke at home, eh Jah?

You've got to take the highs with the lows. Stoke were lucky. We were all over them like a rash. Hit the woodwork twice and their goalkeeper played a blinder. Plus we had Defoe on a ban and several injuries to key players. All in all it was a bad day at the office.

Atila Reincarnate Wrote:

> Chavski for title, forget anybody else including

> Mancs and The Arsenal.

Its probably one week too early to make predictions.

If Arsenal beat Chelsea next week the same people writing them off now would surely reconsider. Obviously beating Chelsea would be a big achievement, especially with essien is such form, but if Chelsea win next weekend it then becomes a big ask for Arsenal. So its an important game.

You'd think he'd engage his brain before opening his mouth but he's obviously lacking in brain cells in the first place.

This is a perfect example for the FA to get tough on this kind of thing especially when they help to promote such things as Kick Racism Out of Football.

According to his manager Steve Bruce he has the worse attitude of any player he has ever worked with. He can play but he's a lazy bugger. Portsmouth are better off without him.

...lots of strange results this season and no doubt more to follow, so still too early to call.

Pre-season I thought Chelski would win the league, but I'm more optimistic that Utd can actually win it now. This is the part of the season where we traditionally kick on, and we don't have to play another 'big 4' team until the end of Jan.

Marvellous indeed Jah, I hope Spurs can keep up the momentum and get that top 4 place...